“Top staff”

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Top staff”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night with our friends. Firstly we would like to mention how wonderful, caring and attentive all of reception, bar and restaurant staff were, they were all lovely. The only disappointing thing on this stay was, breakfast as it was stated as being available at 10:30, We arrived at 10oclock and there was no breakfast left. We had to order it and we thought it would come to us fresh. When it had arrived it was not what we ordered and was obviously microwaved and very rubbery. I would definitely stay at the hotel again but I would avoid breakfast in the future. Thank you

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Thank you also for your very kind comments about my team. We have invested a great deal of time in training and as you can see it is really paying off. I was however disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your breakfast experience, please accept my sincere apologies. I can confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent a future occurrence. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Norwich in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Romford
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

The hotel is just a few miles always from Norwich Airport and a few seconds from the A140.
The room I stayed in needed some TLC,there was a strong draught coming through the windows and the room always seemed a bit cold but the staff were great and the food was very nice, I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you found my staff great and that you enjoyed the food here, but disappointed that you found your bedroom draughty, cold and in need of TLC. Please accept my sincere apologies. I can confirm that we are currently undergoing a programme of refurbishment, with more than half our rooms already completed. This will be an ongoing process which will continue in to 2013. I am so pleased that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sheringham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Booked last minute on the internet for purpose of a base in norwich when visiting friends for a night out in the city centre. I didnt do my homework enough and didnt realise its a fair ride in a taxi to any of the bars. However that didnt matter.
The room was great, clean and comfortable. The service was great too. The girls on reception helped getting my taxi and were very pleasent. This was on a saturday night, there was a wedding in the hotel and lots of other groups too. They were busy!
We used the fitness centre and pool too. A bit too much cholorine in the jacuzzi which made my eyes sting but the chap incharge came and sorted it out after i mentioned that to him.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of staying in norwich and using it as abase to explore the area. One tip though, the taxi driver didnt know where it was as it has changed its name untill i said it was by asda.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you for your taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and my reception team helpful. Thank you for recommending us to others on Trip Advisor we hope to see you again on your next ‘night on the town’
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 November 2012

If you want to experience historic and lovely Norwich, once England's second largest city, don't stay in this hotel on Boundary Road, a part of the usual ring road. The neighborhood is modest and the city centre is a reach. If you're just passing through or want the airport, it would be adequate.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is one, unless you enjoy views of the parking lots.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for your review. I am most disappointed that you didn’t find our hotel satisfactory on your recent stay. As you mentioned we are situated on the outer ring road of Norwich and unfortunately that means the views from our bedrooms are not spectacular, but I do hope that you could see that we are a modern, clean hotel with great food and staff who go out of their way to look after our guests. Perhaps you will give us another try if you visit our fine City again?
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I am writing to thank you for hosting our Annual Sailing Club Celebration Dinner at the Mercure Hotel Norwich. The evening was an outstanding success with the guests complimenting both the food and service as well as the venue.

The evening was co-ordinated to a very high standard and level of service was exceptional.

Having spent a relaxing afternoon enjoying the hotels leisure facilities prior to the evening festivities, we felt pampered with a wonderful room and excellent breakfast the next morning. It really made the event for us.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed both your Sailing Club Dinner and our hotel facilities. Thank you also for your wonderful feedback regarding our food and service. I do hope that you will consider us again for your dinner next year.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Spent a weekend here on Mercures Autumn offer which includes 2 nights B&B and dinner on the first night for £119.
The hotel will not win any reviews for its views as its situated on the Norwich ring road but its handy for the City Centre and other towns/attractions. A large free ca park is onsite.
Our room was on the ground floor, a good size double, spotless and with air conditioning. A decent size ensuite, sufficient storage space and the usual tea/coffee facilities and TV/internet (internet at extra cost) rounded it off. Decor was neutral with some artwork to finish.
Breakfast was very good; a comprehensive full english buffet available, the cumberland sausages 1st class. A good selection of cereals, juices, fruit and danish pastries are available for the "non" traditionalists.
Dinner on both evenings was also extremely good with a wide choice of dishes including a 3 course set meal for £22. Staff at all meals were friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
Finally to round things off there is a Seb Coe spa. Quite small but never busy there are two small pools (adult & child) with loungers, a hot tub sauna, an excellent steam room and the usual treadmills etc.
Finally there is a lounge bar with sky sports.
Based on everything I would reccomend this hotel as an ideal base for exploring and if you can secure a deal similar to mine, outstanding value.

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms have air con and are a short walk to the spa.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your room, our leisure club and meals in the restaurant. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bowdon Cheshire
Reviewed 9 November 2012

3 of us had a family room. Lovely clean room. Asked fior extra soap which was promptly brought to the room. Staff very professional. We asked for a room change and this was done within 5 minutes. We were going to a fuenral so it wasn't a jolly but the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Not noisy at all all - eben though it was Bonfire Night!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were staying with us under such sad circumstances, but am pleased that my team looked after you well. I do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Norwich.