Mercure Norwich Hotel
Free cancellation until 03/06
US$128
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$158
  • Pool
US$76
US$65
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$89
HIExpress.com
US$97
US$92
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$263
US$214
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

US$94
US$90
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivilege roomwetherspoons pubplenty of free parkingsauna and steam roomcity centreevening mealdecent sizeweekend breakfamily roomtwo night staystayed here for one nightleisure facilitiesfull englishyogurtkayleighasdafunction
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who was involved in making our day such a magical experience! Our wedding was 26th of April, but we checked in from the 25th and left on the 27th and from beginning to end everything was simply perfect. My only one criticism is my husband a full time wheelchair user could not use the shower due to the plastic unit around it nor get onto the loo because the units door doesn't leave enough room for transfer, it would be much better as a full wet room, however this is a problem in many hotels but something of course worth mentioning, he only stayed one night so wasn't a massive problem, but sadly we couldn't come back and stay again and had he have booked longer in the hotel it would have caused many problems ...our experience with the hotel started back in May 2012, when we first came to view the venue, and from very beginning we could not fault you. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, had air conditioning, a decent size and we had free WiFi which is always handy. We had drinks in the bar on the 25th for our two intimate families to meet this turned out to be quite a few, your bar staff were friendly and helped us rearrange some of the furniture to accommodate. We had breakfast both Friday and Saturday morning again the staff, two ladies in the restaurant particular were very friendly and welcoming.The food was lovely too and plenty of it! Friday was the wedding, your staff could not have made it more perfect. Everyone mentioned how lovely the hotel was, the staff were lovely once again, the garden was beautiful, the hot buffet was yummy and once again plenty of it. The Dj was great, had listened to the type of music we wanted and took requests. We want to say a very special thank you to Steve and Theresa. Theresa was the lady who helped us plan our day from the very beginning, listened to everything we wanted and advised us where we needed it, she was so welcoming, polite and friendly and gave a very personal touch to our stay, she's lovely and a real gem to your team! Steve was our wedding host for the day and I believe it was mentioned at one point to my dad it was his first wedding, you wouldn't have guessed it, he was brilliant, helped everything run smoothly, took care quietly of any problems and was friendly yet professional, a real asset to your team with a bright career ahead. These two clearly truly cared about our day and what more could you ask for. Thank you once again. A very happy bride, groom and family!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MrsSalmon04
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent wedding with us. I am delighted that we helped to make it a 'magical experience' and we appreciate your wonderful comments and feedback. I would like to wish you a lifetime of happiness and we look forward to seeing you both again in the future. With kind regards, Stuart.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We visited for a 2-night stay starting 10 April 2013.

Because it was a short stay in Norwich we arrived early - about mid-day and we told our room wan't ready. We went to the bar and had a snack but each time we asked about the room we were told it wasn't ready. Finally the Receptinist explained that check-in was at 2 pm. This wasnm't explained when I made our reservation and wasn';t statyed when we arrived.

That said, the rest of our stay was EXCELLENT: we dined in the restaurant every night and the food and service were really very good indeed, The(included) breakfasts offered an excellent choice and our room was very well maintained and serviced.

Overall very good indeed, well up to the Accor group's standards.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonny S
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will also review the information we provide on our website regarding check in times and ensure that our front of house team are able to communicate this in a friendly and positive way. Thank you again for you kind comments, they were most helpful.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Checked in on a sunday to with an unfriendly receptionist whob at the time also gave wrong information about meal times.Didnt give directions to rooms(thankfully we had been here before unfortunately).Several times over our stay we ordered egg benedict but apparently the kitchen run out of hollandaise sauce(1 morning we ordered this and waited about 15 minutes before we were told there was no sauce).On another occasion i ordered a pint of lager from the bar (which cost me £4.20}and found it to be flat.I told the bar staff about this and was poured another which again was flat.She called the on duty manager who apparently changed the barrel then proceeded to pull another pint(i thought you had to pull a few pints through to clear the old barrel from the lines) and this NEW pint was also flat.Eventually i gave up and asked for my money back.The staff are unfriendly and always look so miserable.If i had a choice of hotels i wouldnt book into this 1 as i feel about as welcome as a dose of mumps.I think the mercure should have a full training session on good customer service and train the staff that they are dealing with the public not the enemy.I also think the meals are well over priced.I have stayed in 5* hotels where the prices have been cheaper with a better quality of service at least

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter as you are further than the racing track main street
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review; I am very sorry that our Food and Beverage team appear to have been having a "bad day at the office" during your stay. I am more used to receiving positive comments regarding our levels of customer service so I will be most interested to discover the team members who were on duty. Thank you once again for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was with the same group as your previous correspondent staying for four nights at the Mercure Norwich hotel and agree that the evening meal was very disappointing both for the content and the service. Highlights for me included a starter of ‘chicken liver’ which presented itself as a mush looking like something my dog might have regurgitated and a ‘chicken and mushroom pie’ which turned out to be a bowl of gruel with shreds of chicken and bits of mushroom floating in it topped loosely with a lid of puff pastry accompanied by some very overcooked green beans. A tuna dish arrived as a slab of dry and overcooked fish sitting on some salad leaves without any sauce or dressing. Even soup was served much too salty and when the promised ‘warm bread roll’ accompaniment was requested we were reluctantly presented with two slices of (cold) bread. The young staff serving were clearly untrained and flustered. When we tried to order some wine, they could not tell us what was on offer; even after going away to find out they were little better informed. When we eventually received a bottle, we had to request clean wine glasses as those on the table still bore evidence of the previous users. For a supposedly 4-star hotel this is simply not good enough and I do hope the management will take some action to improve things. To be fair, my room was fine (apart from the fact that I could not use the shower without the bathroom flooding...) and I could not fault the breakfasts, for which both the food and the service (from more mature and presumably regular staff) were good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

I have received so many lovely comments from your group that I am at a bit of a loss to answer these two reviews. It would certainly seem that our vegetarian provision was unimaginative and possibly one particular menu may have fallen below standards. In general your group appear to have been very happy and complimentary regarding their stay. I will investigate the food and beverage issues that you raised as our aim is to provide excellent food and service every time. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed for four nights in this hotel as a member of a group of some forty people. As a group, we were given the table d'hote menu which offered a choice of a meat, fish or vegetarian dish at dinner. The four dishes I received were: 1. pasta with an unexciting tomato sauce; 2. pasta with pesto sauce; 3. risotto with traces of mushroom and leek; 4. pasta with tomato sauce again! Apart from the appalling lack of variety and imagination, what I did receive wasn't even very palatable. The dining room staff seemed very young and untrained. They knew nothing about the wines on the wine list and not everything was available.
The bar was inadequately staffed so there was a huge queue for pre-dinner drinks, and when we took tea on the afternoon we arrived it was not hot and there were no saucers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends