Mercure Norwich Hotel
  • Pool
US$83
US$64
US$180
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$123
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
US$273
US$245
Hotels.com
All reviewsprivilege roomwetherspoons pubplenty of free parkingsauna and steam roomcity centreevening mealdecent sizeweekend breakfamily roomtwo night staystayed here for one nightleisure facilitiesfull englishyogurtkayleighasdafunction
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed in a family room and it fit all 4 of us nicely. Breakfast was good. Ample parking was provided. A supermarket & a fast food chain are within walking distance from the hotel. Overall very good value for Norwich.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed our amenities and our buffet breakfast. I do hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Norwich.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

stayed one night. inexperienced unfriendly staff running a sub standard hotel spa was nice except for the rude girl in charge the rooms where very worn out & not very comfortable thanfkfully only stayed the one night plus the bar was smelly & outdated coupled with overpriced drinks 2 single vodka &tonics pus 1 bottle of water 14.75 & not even a smile i would be laughing all the way to the bank at those prices. avoid if in norwich

Room Tip: choose the car park
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your review and we are very sorry that we disappointed you to this extent. We generally receive extremely positive feedback about our staff, so your comments were particularly surprising. I can confirm that we are currently undergoing a rolling refurbishment programme which will be completed in 2014. We do hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The blurb states " A four star welcome awaits you........

Note this is written by the disabled guest [walking stick] though companions agree with my comments.
Good things: Proper disabled bedroom with good shower unit. [aircon]
Rooms not too far away from dining and the spa.
Bar also close to all facilities.
Showers next to steam room and sauna.
Good breakfast.
Short drive into Norwich, About 40mins to Cromer and The Broads.

Poor things: Hardly any welcome apart from receptionist and houskeeper and cleaners.
No safe in room,nowhere to put suitcases, mismatched chairs Junk table. My friends twin room had no table and only one chair !
19 steps down to spa. Difficult for me with walking stick. Wheelchair lifts switched off.
Have to ask for plastic bags for wet clothes. No anti slip mats on way to sauna and steam room.
Opening times terrible. How can you use spa at reasonable hour if it opens at 9am and breakfast ends at 10:30. As you cannot use steam room or swim on a full stomach.Should be open at 8am.
When warm rolls finished was told we only have cold ones! They were heated at our request. Plates at breakfast were scalding hot! Beware! [4* service?]
Most of the evening meals were tasteless: Tuna, Sea Bass. Pork belly was extremely tough.
Room keys did not work after first night. No hand lotion in room.
Dining staff did not know our meal booking at the hotel and we were charged £101 for second night meal [ which was sorted]. Charged for 5 sweets instead of 4 [again sorted].
Dining room with no atmosphere and dining staff not available when coming in for meals.

We have stayed at Great Danes Mercure previously and some comments are comparative.
Would not recommend this hotel if you are partially disabled [stairwise] . Unless you like mis matched junk furniture in your room.

Room Tip: Room 32 for double disabled but poor furniture. Quiet. Also has aircon.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We do try extremely hard to make all our facilities fully accessible for our disabled guests, so thank you for your kind comments regarding room 32. I have noted your constructive criticisms regarding our leisure club and you will be delighted to learn that our opening times are being extended at the end of this month. I am pleased that you are a fan of the Mercure Great Danes, as am I and I hope that you might give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the quality and personal service this hotel provided while on a business stay. Entirely recommend both quality of amenities, politeness of staff, and overall value for money. My business colleagues and I will stay again. Thank you.

Paul Arnold
Group Contracts Director
John Henry Group

Room Tip: We had 16 of our guests stay and all the reviews regarding quality of rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul A

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased that you and your colleagues had an enjoyable stay with us. We strive to provide a superior service experience for all of our guests and I am delighted that you would choose to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed here recently with some friends, as were were going into Norwich clubbing.
We had dinner on the Friday night which was delicious, the menu had been updated since the last time I had been here and I couldn't fault the food! The hotel is close to the city centre, just a short cab ride away.
The staff were all very friendly and made sure that we had everything we needed. Our room was lovely, it was spacious and the beds were very comfortable.
The next morning we had breakfast which I was also impressed with, there was a wide range of both hot and continental style breakfasts available.
After that, we used the spa downstairs. The pool was a good size, and there was a jacuzzi, sauna and gym available.
On checkout, the friendly receptionists made sure that everything had been OK with our stay.
I would definitely come back to this hotel when next visiting Norwich.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you had such a good weekend. Your kind comments about all our facilities are very much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next night out in Norwich.