“60's 70's & 80's Night”

Mercure Norwich Hotel
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The room layout was perfect and the meal was very good. Live entertainment provided by vocalist GLEN COOPER who was amazing and a brilliant disco. People were dancing till the very end. Looking forward to the next one, lets hope it won't be too far away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable evening at the 60's and 70's night last week. I will pass your comments on to my team. Our 2015 calendar is now available on our website, so we hope to see you at another of our events in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The tables were neatly laid out, and the setting was itself very nice, the service was first class, but. the meal was small, as was the dessert, the drinks from the bar I thought were too highly priced, there was live entertainment, and that was very enjoyable, all in all, a pleasant venue, but the price of the drinks and the size of the meal will deter me from going back too soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following the 60's and 70's Tribute Night at the weekend, I am so pleased you enjoyed the evening and I am delighted that you found the service first class. I am sorry however, that you felt the meal portions were small and the drinks expensive. We will be launching our 2015 Tribute Calendar shortly with some brilliant acts booked, I hope this will not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Got a good deal on the internet and stayed for 3 nights. The room was spotless, shower powerful and hot. On our first morning the staff were a little slow in replenishing the breakfast foods and milk, however, on our other mornings we asked for porridge which we enjoyed. The hotel suited our needs as a base whilst we visited neighbouring national trust properties. There was lots of parking spaces, with an Asda in walking distance if you needed anything extra!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandimay

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your weekend break with us and that you found your room spotless. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

the reception staff are lovely and the rooms whilst slightly on the small side are more than adequate even if the pinkish hue to the bathroom door seems a little dated. The room had a very comfy bed and a bath all be it slightly small. So thats all good. There is a SMALL gym with some free weights, 1 machine weight cable system a treadmill, bike, cross trainer and a rower as well as a nice little pool, so again fine.
Now the bad!! The restaurant was awful. I ordered a starter and a main as well as a drink. The drink came quick enough, but the starter merely some nibbles olives etc, took 20 minutes!!! after an hour f weighting for a pizza I left and never did get my food, apparently room service was taking up to 2 hours!!!! The excuse was lack of staff and a new chef, I am sorry but thats not my problem.
Breakfast was vert average, the cooked selection was limited and the tables seemed to go uncleared for longer than I would expect fem such a large chain hotel.
Not brilliant I think we can agree
Last positive free wifi

Room Tip: choose somewhere else I am sorry to say
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you also for the many positive comments about your stay. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the delays in the service you received. I am aware of the issues that took place and I can assure you that this is not usual for us. Your helpful feedback is very much appreciated and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Disappointing visit. Hotel standards are not the same as other Mercure hotels we've stayed at. Food is poor, the staff work hard but are really understaffed. This shows up when the hotel is busy. One evening had to Wait over an hour for a minute steak sandwich. Came up to my room cold and so poor I had to send it back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that on this occasion our food and service was not up to our usual high standards. Your feedback in appreciated and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for a friend's 50th birthday party which the hotel organised on the 16th of August. Checking in was effortless. The rooms were clean and tidy. Clean towells and clean fresh bed linen and not a sign of dust in the room anywhere. Bathroom had been cleaned to a high standard complementary toiletries and shower worked well. All the lights and hair dryer worked so the wife was happy Air conditioning worked very well as we never found out if you could open the windows. We didn't use the pool as we had not got the time to sample so can not comment but guests had used the pool while we were there as they looked happy and wet. Breakfast was well cooked with a choice of fruit juices tea and coffee. Choice of fresh fruit and pastries including toast and preserves. Altogether a clean and enjoyable stay and will stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I am most grateful for your kind review. We are so proud of our facilities and service levels and it is most rewarding to have that feeling confirmed by customers. Our housekeepers deserve special mention for keeping the rooms spotless so thank you for doing that. Bring your swimming "cossie" next time and enjoy the leisure club. With thanks again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My son and I booked in for an evening following a day at Bewilderwood. After an initial problem with our room was reported to reception, the manner in which a resolution was sought was outstanding. The problem was attended to immediately and meanwhile we were allocated an upgraded room, for the inconvenience caused. The staff were amazing, and very professional throughout. I cannot rate them highly enough, Kayleigh especially. I've stayed in many hotels over the years, but the friendly service at Mercure was second to none. I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Greerfhill

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am blessed with a great team of people here who understand customer service at a fundamental level. Thanks for giving Kayleigh a mention, she is without doubt a "stand-out" performer. I hope you enjoyed Bewilderwood and hope that we can welcome you back to discover much more of our beautiful county.