“Fantastic food!!!”

Ranked #43 of 856 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wine Cellar is a piece of gourmet heaven born from an ethos of gorgeous wine, great food, and generous service. Come and join us.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Going to keep this short and sweet, the food is and always is superb! portions sometimes small however its exquisite!! I will definitely return over and over and over and....well you get the jist.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the perfect place for a relaxed lunch in the heart of the city...great food, fantastic service and an extremely comprehensive selection of wines. We will be back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been reluctant to put this revue on here as it is quite a busy place as it is, and I thought I would keep this place under my hat ,but on reading some of the negative views I thought perhaps it might help this place . I have been going there for the last 2years and as far as I am concerned the food selection and wine is very good , not a huge menu , but ever changing daily specials , the ambiance is very good and the staff very well trained, I spend part of the year in the United States and it's a pleasure to come and sit in the wine cellar for a nice Lunch special armed with a large glass of the house Rioja ,glad to be back in blighty !

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very impressive meals were had by all our group. Extensive and well priced wine list. Attentive and courteous staff. What more could you ask for. Will definitely be returning soon.

1  Thank Amy P
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Food here was pretty good although sandwiches are overpriced at £8, making them only £2 cheaper than a main meal.

The food was great. Fab selection and we priced. My Barnsley lamb chop was cooked to perfection and my salted caramel dessert, beautiful.

Our only complaint was the wine. My friend and I are wine buffs so were disappointed that the White Rioja was a supermarket cheap version and there wasn't an Oaked Chardonnay to be found.

I'd recommend it though we were sat out the back (we were told all front tables were reserved) which had no atmosphere.

Staff were great - friendly and attentive