“An evening of comedy at West Coast Grill”
Review of West Coast Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
West Coast Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 October 2011

What can I say ? If I didn't have a two for one voucher I would be a lot angrier. The service is unusual to say the least , they are bereft of staff it would appear and the ones they do have are extremely casual in their attitudes to service. The waiter took our drinks order , then forgot about it for about ten minutes , he initially got our order wrong but came back to double check what we had asked for. He didn't write any orders down. The food was disappointing . I had the 16oz rump steak which is an ample piece of meat which takes up pretty much the whole of a bisected place , totally inappropriate for the size of the meal . Very few extras on the plate , a handful of fries worthy of a McDonald's child's portion. One half of a warm but not grilled tomato , and the most bitter green salad I have ever had. My partners fajitas meal was abysmal , very poor amount of food for a meal that should cost £11.99 full price. The funniest moment of the night came at about 8:30pm after we had just sat down , the waiter flounced out of the kitchen as if the place was on fire , he was confronted at the stairs by 10 prospective customers who he turned away citing the fact that the kitchen was closed. Unusually early I thought. Twenty minutes later a couple came in and were seated and served ! What is going on at this place ? Overall , friendly but uninterested staff , kitchen staff who seem unequipped to handle large orders and food which at full price would not be value for money. Never again. I left feeling very sorry for them that they obviously do not give a damn, and where was my coleslaw ??????????

1  Thank Phil B
There are newer reviews for West Coast Grill

Reviewed 2 September 2011

was going to see a film with b/f and friends, waiting too long for everything, starters were wrong and like crap, didn't get to eat the mains as it too over a hour to get to us and we would have missed are film if we had stayed to eat them so left. manger had hear it all before nothing new didn't really care as stood in front of us with his hands in his pockets the whole time would never never never go back

1  Thank HailieBailie
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We pre-booked a table for a Monday evening and were the only people there. We had to go downstairs to the bar and get our own drinks. The food was truly awful, although the steak was OK. The coleslaw tasted musty and when we told the waitress she said it was made fresh daily. The Corn cob was overcooked and cold and the French fries were re-heated, cold and full of oil. Not one of us finished our main course.Table service wasn't too bad but we couldn't find the manager to complain. I agree with a previous reviewer that you would be better off over the road or anywhere that wasn't here. Menu was also rather pricey for the style of food even if it had have been edible.

2  Thank Gush_Gully
Reviewed 2 June 2011

waited ages to take our drink order had to go up and ask myself, same wait for the food,There were 8 people on our table and everybody thought the food was horrible,Take my advise and get a microwave meal from weatherspoons over the road 10 times better.

2  Thank goody112233
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Cold draught coming through kitchen door. Staff took a long time to take order but only seemed to be 2 people working here on a Sunday evening. First burger arrived cold in a stale bun replacement was better.

2  Thank j0nnyr0p