“Great food!”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Had 1/4 chicken and corn on the cob. Quick service and good value. Saturday night was a 20 minute wait at 7:00 pm. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Speedy service and great food. It does get very busy at times though so be prepared to wait. Staff are friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is lively.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We've eaten for numerous occasions. Service was very quick, A favourite restaurant of ours if we want to eat spicy chicken and rice.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Nandos never fails to please me and my friends, well that was the case until we came across the riverside restaurant. When we arrived we were greeted with disappointment and anger among the staff. They obviously wanted to leave early or something. When asked about items on the menus or anything the staff would reply with one word answers. Every situation was made extremely awkward, purely because they didn't want us there. It was freezing outside and for some reason they had turned the heating off, you can probably guess why.. The food tasted so average that I was angry with myself for actually paying money for it. My friend was suspected to have food poisoning the next day, he missed most university lectures that week. Avoid this restaurant at all costs if you don't want to be out off nandos for good.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've been to Nando's loads of times. I go because you know exactly what you'll get on your plate, the quIality is consistent and the food arrives at your table fairly quickly - which is handy when you're on a lunch hour.
I usually go in the week in the Red Lion St branch - but last weekend, visited the Nando's at riverside, for a pre-cinema lunch. With three very young children in tow, I was probably pushed for time, even for a Nandos. I let the staff know when I had to be at the cinema for and was given assurances that this wouldn't be a problem. And it wasn't. Food arrived quickly, order was spot on and staff couldn't be more helpful. My children can be slow eaters so we got takeaway bags - and filled up tubs of the frozen yoghurt which we snuck into the cinema (well, I was quite brazen about it, but they didn't seem to mind).
When we came out of the cinema, I popped back in to order a whole chicken to take home. The waitress remembered us and asked my children if they had enjoyed the film and asked them about it. While this is no big deal, it is the personal touch that makes a difference - and makes me want to return.
Thank you!