“Mediocre food and bad service”
Review of Farmer Browns - CLOSED

Farmer Browns
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Spanish, British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Farmer Browns will be undergoing a refurbishment indefinitely.
London, United Kingdom
“Mediocre food and bad service”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We dined there at lunch and the food wasn't anything special - the pigeon starter was quite nice even though it was overcooked and the main of the burger was shocking - completely dry, crumbly, overcooked and too salty.

However what made this meal unforgettable was the service. We ordered two glasses of malbec at £3.80 then the waitress gave us merlot without asking us and said "there is no malbec so I brought you merlot instead", which was lower quality. This costed £3.20 yet when the bill came we were charged £3.95, so after telling her she brought it down to £3.80 which was the price of the wine we should've had. After a couple more times of asking we paid the correct price.

Overall it was a meal lacking in quality food and had that kind of service that makes you want to avoid the restaurant.

1 Thank FoodyKid

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A truly amazing evening. Head chef Anthony Munroe provided us with a 7 course tasting menu.He catered for us as vegetarians with a delicious range of tastes and spent time explaining each course to us. He also provided our friends with an equally delicious meat and fish menu. Cannot recommend him and his team more highly.Well done we look forward to the next one.Thanks

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Head Chef Anthony Munro has turned Farmer Browns into a gourmet extravaganza”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had the 7 course tasting menu, there were 4 of us and 2 were vegetarian, Anthony Munro (new head chef) catered for all of us without any difficulty. I expected not to like at least one of the courses but to my surprise I loved each and every one. We eat out regularly and this was by far the best meal we have had in a long while. The staff were also very friendly, courteous and attentive. Anthony himself came out to speak with us on several occasions, he was very friendly and described the ingredients used in the various dishes. It was a Wednesday evening so I wouldn't expect Anthony to be able to do this all the time but it really was lovely to get that very personal touch.
This is the first time I have ever written a review on TripAdvisor, I felt I had to on this occasion because we really did have a fantastic evening. In fact we have already booked a return visit for December.

York, United Kingdom
“Tremendous ”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Everything about this was good. The setting, service, quality above par. The price was what you would expect for the high standards delivered. Well worth a visit in this popular part of Norwich

York, United Kingdom
“Dairy free”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The chef couldn't have been more helpful when I asked about dairy free food. He explained what I could and couldn't have together with what else he could change on the menu for me.

The food was fantastic and service excellent.

• Visited September 2013