“Disgusting”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food may be of ok ness however witnessing the owner Toni punch a female in the face out the back was not so nice. I don't console violence specially when it's a "boy" hitting a female. I went to see if she was ok for her to inform me she is the owners fiancé and mother of his 2 under ages of 1 kids. Terrible and for this alone I will not ever be eating here and paying a woman beater. He should be locked up

5  Thank Girlybrunett

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hall Road Diner (formerly Birchys) is a realistic alternative to the supermarkets and pubs that do breakfasts. If you want just breakfast then you a presented with a calorific delight on the menu from the small to the buster breakfast (which would probably keep you going all day!) Great value, tea and toast included and not extra like most places. We normally have the medium breakfast which consists of egg, bacon, sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms and hash brown, together with two rounds of toast with tea and coffee for only £9.90 for 2 people is fantastic value!
Staff are really friendly and service is lightening fast even at the busiest of times.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I like it here always met with a smile like another reviewer on here I wasn't impressed with there delivered food but there full English is of a good standard and I have no complaints in that department other than the tea which is not the best something any café should manage if im honest

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Brilliant fry ups! What more could you want from a greasy spoon!

1  Thank LizzylambUK
Reviewed 17 May 2011

After receiving a 'New menu following refurb' my partner and I decided to show support in our local community and order a take away from Birchy's Diner considering the premises has been refurbised and the menu looked to be of good value.
When the meal arrived (Birchys dripping Sticky ribs with wedges & Chicken Chimichanga with sour cream & trimmings) we where left shocked!
After being charged nearly £18 for these items the so called 'Sticky ribs (total of 4!)' were burnt and dry, no wedges but a portion of chips which when we complained were told 'the menus wrong'.
The chimichanga was greasy and was clearly cooked in old oil (prehaps this wasn't included in the refurb??) and then a rather long black hair was found swimming in the grease which topped the meal off.
How can they a) justify sending out food that doesn't compare at all to the menu? b) charge nearly £18 for food that I wouldn't think about giving my cat and c) be allowed to possibly continue trading?
if you see a menu for this place or happen to be walking past don't be fooled by the choice it really isn't all that it seems, just horrilble!

5  Thank Boniel