“Excellent service”

Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was our first visit to a Premier Inn and we were immediately impressed by the welcome from the young receptionist. Everything continued in the same vein - the quality of the room, the good food and again the friendliness of all the staff.
I had only one very small niggle and that was when I claimed the free drink with the dinner showing the email as required according to the web page, I was told that I should have printed off a voucher rather than the page - my mistake but perhaps it could be made clearer as apparently I was not the first person to make the mistake. It did not spoil the evening though.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have been in room 410 (2nd floor) for two nights. Premier Inn, wherever I am in the world, is always a guarantee to get the same facilities and standards without any bad surprise. The check in/out is quick and efficient. The room 410 is big (I booked a single, but they gave me a double) and quiet (it is faced to an internal court, so no views of the city, but no noises of traffic too). The room was clean with a big screen TV. The location is close to the pedestrian area of the city centre, just 5 mins by walk. The breakfast (I opted for the full menu self service) was of good quality (good sausages, eggs, mushroom, beams,...) and this is one of the reasons why I choose Premier Inn: at breakfast you can eat a good quality of food and how much you want. The mattress, duvet and pillows were comfortable, so the quality of the sleep was good. The heating system during the night was a bit noise, but not disturbing, also because from outside there wasn't any other noise.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Axel_VI
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I recently had to cancel a booking due to the sudden death of a close friend. As I had booked the room at a non-cancellable rate I did not expect to receive any refund. However, out of courtesy I emailed Premier Inn to notify them of the cancellation and gave them my reason. I was extremely surprised when a couple of weeks later I received a note directly from the Norwich Nelson hotel confirming a full refund of my payment. Well done Premier Inn. I shall certainly be coming to Norwich at a later date and will try you first for accommodation. Many thanks.
FH

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel was ideally placed for a wedding, close to the river and train station and within walking distance of shops and town centre. Hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and breakfast was very good. Nothing to complain about at all. In fact we are looking at returning for a weekend break soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and self chose to come to Norwich for an Autumn break.We chose the hotel because it was near to the station and by the river.Our twin room was large and beautifully clean.The beds were very comfortable. Breakfasts and dinner were tasty and well prepared. All staff were very welcoming and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 18 October 2012

One of the better Prems. Lovely location on the riverside opposite the train station. It’s a brisk five (or lethargic ten) minute walk into the centre up a corridor of nightclubs and ropey takeaways – we always arrive back at base by about 10pm, so that aspect of the location didn’t bother us but I can imagine it would be quite a fruity amble later than that.

We deliberately asked for a riverside room near the bridge and the (very amiable by the way) reception staff warned us that traffic noise could be problem. We weren’t fussed about that and the room we got was grand – spacious, clean and a great view of the river and the handsome train station. There was traffic noise, but it wasn’t ordinary traffic – it appears that Norwich ring road becomes a bit of a ‘cruise’ fest on at least Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights: large numbers of fools in garishly adorned hot hatchbacks with drainpipe exhausts racing each other around and round in circles and parping their horns into the early hours. The feebleness of it all is entertaining for a while, then you just shut the double glazed windows and you can barely hear it. And they say petrol is expensive – it’s nowhere near expensive enough yet while there are still morons out there who think that sort of behaviour is a good way to spend an evening.

Our 3 night stay averaged at 50 quid a night, which I thought was exceptional value especially as they also looked after our bags for half a day after we checked out. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank puffpod
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Excellent location, opposite the train station, 5mins walk into City centre a leisure complex nearby,with a cinema,bowling,restaurants,pubs, football ground and shopping also nearby too.but also peace and quiet in the garden next to premier inn.. Lovely walk along the river, a great to have a coffee and watch the boats go by. Receptionist excellent, very helpful, a good clean room, and a great night sleep...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple