“Excellent stay”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Cannot fault our stay. The room (126) was spacious, clean and looked newly decorated. It was at the back of the hotel so no view but also no traffic noise at all and as all we really wanted was somewhere comfortable to sleep this was ideal. The flatscreen TV in the room was good. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food at breakfast was excellent although the restaurant was a bit too busy, our daughter ate free. The hotel is in a very convenient location, 10 minutes walk from the city centre and the car park is free so there was no hassle with finding parking in a busy city on a Saturday. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The place was a shambles! My first room had no double glazing, condensation pouring down the inside of the windows making the net curtains wet, I changed rooms to one with double glazing but the heating fan did'nt work properly so I had to use the electric radiator they provide in every room.other than that the room was a typical premier inn room, clean with ,flat tv etc., and clean bathroom. I went to the restaurant at just before 7, ordered food and still had'nt got it by 7.45 so spoke to the manager who got the food which was very mediocre. The breakfast was even worse with practically everything running out and not replaced, even tea bags and cups ran out, the floor behind the bar had cartons of juice and milk on the floor and was not cleaned up, the staff were rushing around but seemed so disorganised. I have stayed in the Premier Inn in Duke Street Norwich and this is far superior so stay there if visiting.

Room Tip: Overlooking the car park is quieter and on a upper floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank roz1812
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review. We're very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us and experienced some problems.

Please contact us directly at the Hotel at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your comments and we'll be happy to rectify this situation.

Many thanks and I do hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from staying with Premier Inn again in the near future.
Sheffield
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was our first visit to a Premier Inn and we were immediately impressed by the welcome from the young receptionist. Everything continued in the same vein - the quality of the room, the good food and again the friendliness of all the staff.
I had only one very small niggle and that was when I claimed the free drink with the dinner showing the email as required according to the web page, I was told that I should have printed off a voucher rather than the page - my mistake but perhaps it could be made clearer as apparently I was not the first person to make the mistake. It did not spoil the evening though.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Vicenza
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have been in room 410 (2nd floor) for two nights. Premier Inn, wherever I am in the world, is always a guarantee to get the same facilities and standards without any bad surprise. The check in/out is quick and efficient. The room 410 is big (I booked a single, but they gave me a double) and quiet (it is faced to an internal court, so no views of the city, but no noises of traffic too). The room was clean with a big screen TV. The location is close to the pedestrian area of the city centre, just 5 mins by walk. The breakfast (I opted for the full menu self service) was of good quality (good sausages, eggs, mushroom, beams,...) and this is one of the reasons why I choose Premier Inn: at breakfast you can eat a good quality of food and how much you want. The mattress, duvet and pillows were comfortable, so the quality of the sleep was good. The heating system during the night was a bit noise, but not disturbing, also because from outside there wasn't any other noise.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Axel_VI
Plymouth
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I recently had to cancel a booking due to the sudden death of a close friend. As I had booked the room at a non-cancellable rate I did not expect to receive any refund. However, out of courtesy I emailed Premier Inn to notify them of the cancellation and gave them my reason. I was extremely surprised when a couple of weeks later I received a note directly from the Norwich Nelson hotel confirming a full refund of my payment. Well done Premier Inn. I shall certainly be coming to Norwich at a later date and will try you first for accommodation. Many thanks.
FH

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Suffolk, England
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel was ideally placed for a wedding, close to the river and train station and within walking distance of shops and town centre. Hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and breakfast was very good. Nothing to complain about at all. In fact we are looking at returning for a weekend break soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and self chose to come to Norwich for an Autumn break.We chose the hotel because it was near to the station and by the river.Our twin room was large and beautifully clean.The beds were very comfortable. Breakfasts and dinner were tasty and well prepared. All staff were very welcoming and courteous.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple