“The staff make this Premier Inn an enjoyable experience”

Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
dorset
“The staff make this Premier Inn an enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

To be honest, we do not generally review Premier Inn on TA because they are what they are but felt our trip to The Nelson; Norwich deserved a mention because from check in to departure, we could not fault our stay.
From the point of our initial booking enquiry (we dealt direct with The Nelson, not central reservations) all staff were professional, efficient, friendly and helpful and this continued throughout our stay.
Our room was of a decent size, very comfortable and clean and the bathroom was big enough with a bath/shower which had excellent water pressure. All public areas were spotless and for a town centre stay, the price represents good value for money.
Prior to arrival, we were a bit doubtful as to what to expect with road noise because of the location but both of us slept two nights of uninterrupted sleep.
We had breakfast one morning in the Table Table restaurant which was good and 9 of us had dinner one evening. Not 5* food quality but you don’t pay 5* star prices and if you keep expectations relative to cost then I don’t think there is cause to be disappointed at this particular venue.
I never thought to ever review a Premier Inn but this one really does deserve a 5 based on staff, location and price.
If I had to give a negative it would be - no Dave on the tv!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Polish first
Colchester
Reviewed 23 November 2013

As some of previous reports ,clean and well presented rooms.Saw evidence some rooms being updated.Staff at reception very helpful .Entrance was via the restaurant,but did find another via car park (better use if going to City or restricted mobility as no steps).easy walk to city centre ,riverside and railway station.Would use again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at many Premier Inns across England in the past couple of years and find them reliable and comfortable places to stay. This hotel in Norwich was no exception. It was close to the railway station and had plenty of parking, which was free.

The front desk staff provided a warm welcome and checked me in quickly. My room was clean, equipped just the way I expected and was very quiet thanks to its location away from the road. The free WiFi (for 30 minutes) gave a strong signal.

My colleague and I ate in the restaurant that is part of the hotel. It had an extensive, fairly basic and relatively inexpensive menu. The food was fine although the service was a bit slow.

I would be very happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The room was good quality as I have come to expect from Premier Inn. I love the inclusion of ports such as hdmi for the TV so will take blu ray next time. One problem with the room was efficiently sorted by staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was looking to come up for the weekend and checked an few hotels before this one. I'm so glad I booked for a Premier Inn I must say that this is one of the best I have stayed in. It looks like that this has been recently been refurbished and the room I stayed in (twin) was huge room 141 along with a large TV. Staff were great and the attached restaurant was reasonable and had a great breakfast. The hotel was about 10 minute walk from the city center and next to Norwich train station. I would 100% come back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Great location for visiting city, 10 mins walk from shops and restaurants.stayed while football match on , thus hotel full as well as car park,so best to check fixtures before booking or arrive early. Riverside walk can be accessed on other side of road. Clean and large rooms.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Our first stay in a Premier Inn our we were very happy with the experience. Pleasant welcome, large room overlooking the River Wensum, very quiet and we slept well, reasonably priced wifi if not free, free parking, generous breakfast with freshly cooked eggs. The street is a bit scruffy at night but a short walk into the centre and even better, a lovely walk along the riverside walk into town. We would happily choose the hotel again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple