“Two days late December”

Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 23 December 2013

As always, you know what to expect from Premier Inn - a no fuss/frills service - Norwich Nelson City Centre did not let me down. Staff very friendly and helpfull, especially Dee (hotel) and Emma (waitress at the adjoining pub/restaurant).

Good room (129) overlooking the park/river, with a balcony (was a Marriot hotel before). I gather you need to take care and ask for a room in a quieter part of the hotel (as I did) if this is what you want. Walls are very thin, as I think others guests have commented on, which did make my stay more interesting at times!!

The hotel is close to town centre, but also close to
1)Several buildings that look as though they are about to be raised to the ground/empty and run-down looking, and
2)Several night clubs. Sadly there was a noticeable amount of broken glass around after Friday night, but I thought pubs/clubs used plastic glasses now.

Tesco Metro very close, so if you need a few supplies for the room, easy to get.

Would I stay there again - yes.

Room Tip: I gather you need to take care and ask for a room in a quieter part of the hotel (as I did) if this...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We bought 3 nights at this hotel via a deal online. £29.00 per night. A cheap way to have a break, see the in laws before Christmas thus earning brownie points. A very comfortable hotel. We didn't pay for breakfast so cannot comment on that. There is a restaurant at the hotel which we were advised to make a booking for but we ate out instead, plenty of restaurants locally and near to all the chain places too so if you fancy Mexican, Chinese, Thai, American or pub food it's under a 10 minute walk. The hotel is near one of the streets that turns into party road at the weekend but we stayed mid week without any problems. Staff at the hotel are lovely and helpful. One tiny thing to improve upon would be the amount of tea and coffee in the room, they will give you more for free if you ask at reception but in the cold weather we drink a lot so was a pain to keep asking as the hotel is big and we were at the other end to reception. All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: For anyone with walking issues ask to be near to reception as that is also near car park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was booked to stay here by my employer as I attended the Xmas party.

It's a very well located hotel, my room was clean and spacious, great shower, pillows a little hard for my liking but I did have 4 as I was staying alone. There was only one each of hand & bath towel, which was fine. I did find the room a little cold when I woke up but then realised I hadn't put the heating on! The room warmed up pretty quickly after that although it wasn't the quietest as it was like a warm air system.
Breakfast was buffet style and perfectly fine.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've reviewed this place before but just thought I'd update you. Still has the same feel, the place is clean and still looks good. It is in the centre of Norwich with a large car park outside - a definite bonus - about the only one that can claim both I think. You're just off the Norwich nightclub district so outside gets a bit noisy at weekends but the glazing on even the ground floor rooms means you can rarely hear anything.late on. The bar and restaurant are very busy, lively places used a lot by locals for nights out/family meals etc. You are within 10 minutes walk of a wide range of eateries and places of historical interest.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old part of the hotel are I think a little bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Excellent location and value for money. Look no further if you want a good stay in Norwich City. What make this Premier Inn cut above others hotel is the staff, friendly and helpfull without intrude your personal space and the quality of the accomodation

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Decolover33
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great deal for room. Clean, warm and in a great location, 5 minute walk to Norwich shops. When we arrived one of the lights were broken in the bedroom, but someone came up straight away to fix it, so not a problem at all.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here recently for a night out in Norwich. great location and friendly reception staff on check in. Rooms were pretty basic but every thing you need and clean. Car Parking included in the price of the stay too.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple