“Really great hotel with friendly staff”

Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our room overlooked the river. We were offered a room on the other side of the hotel because it might be quieter but the view, which included the Norwich City stadium was great. Yes there were sounds of drunks in the night from the city street but that's what you get and a hotel cannot take the blame for that. The room was spotless and very comfortable. We have stayed there twice before and will stay again. The Table Table breakfast was very good although in an ideal world I would get rid of hash browns and bring back fried bread! The staff are fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Chose the hotel due to close proximity to family based in Norwich. Booked family room on-line after reading good reviews. This was cheaper than booking over the phone.
Our expectations were for the room to be clean, warm, with comfortable beds for each of us (including 2 children under 10). Our expectations were fully met. We slept well.
There was a bath (with over bath shower) which was easier for the children than just a shower (4 towels and hand towel provided).
The flat screen wall mounted TV was enjoyed by all.
In addition to the £116 for a family room for 2 nights, we paid for the buffet style breakfast, which was good value & decent quality. Would be good to add grapefruit & pain au chocolat to the choice offered, though there was a good variety. The restaurant had a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere with river views. The coffee was average but costa on site should provide better.
The free parking on site was greatly appreciated.
All staff with whom we came into contact (receptionist, restaurant, housekeeping) said hello and we're polite and friendly. We enjoyed talking to the young chap from Warrington on reception (on a grad scheme).
I asked when booking that we were allocated a room that was as quiet as possible (given city centre location); my request was met, we were not bothered by any noise.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for just the one night , waited till 2 for checkin.
Room seemed miles from reception with young child , in very far corner of hotel. Room cold, felt damp. Which we discovered in corners.
Leak in bathroom , floor wet for the duration of our stay,
rain dripping in from lights, in ceiling.
We were offered another bathroom to use, but too far from our room.
Not good , have had better stays at Premier Inn
Need to feel warm in room
Will stay again but ask for good room.
Great breakfast , good location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

As always, you know what to expect from Premier Inn - a no fuss/frills service - Norwich Nelson City Centre did not let me down. Staff very friendly and helpfull, especially Dee (hotel) and Emma (waitress at the adjoining pub/restaurant).

Good room (129) overlooking the park/river, with a balcony (was a Marriot hotel before). I gather you need to take care and ask for a room in a quieter part of the hotel (as I did) if this is what you want. Walls are very thin, as I think others guests have commented on, which did make my stay more interesting at times!!

The hotel is close to town centre, but also close to
1)Several buildings that look as though they are about to be raised to the ground/empty and run-down looking, and
2)Several night clubs. Sadly there was a noticeable amount of broken glass around after Friday night, but I thought pubs/clubs used plastic glasses now.

Tesco Metro very close, so if you need a few supplies for the room, easy to get.

Would I stay there again - yes.

Room Tip: I gather you need to take care and ask for a room in a quieter part of the hotel (as I did) if this...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We bought 3 nights at this hotel via a deal online. £29.00 per night. A cheap way to have a break, see the in laws before Christmas thus earning brownie points. A very comfortable hotel. We didn't pay for breakfast so cannot comment on that. There is a restaurant at the hotel which we were advised to make a booking for but we ate out instead, plenty of restaurants locally and near to all the chain places too so if you fancy Mexican, Chinese, Thai, American or pub food it's under a 10 minute walk. The hotel is near one of the streets that turns into party road at the weekend but we stayed mid week without any problems. Staff at the hotel are lovely and helpful. One tiny thing to improve upon would be the amount of tea and coffee in the room, they will give you more for free if you ask at reception but in the cold weather we drink a lot so was a pain to keep asking as the hotel is big and we were at the other end to reception. All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: For anyone with walking issues ask to be near to reception as that is also near car park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was booked to stay here by my employer as I attended the Xmas party.

It's a very well located hotel, my room was clean and spacious, great shower, pillows a little hard for my liking but I did have 4 as I was staying alone. There was only one each of hand & bath towel, which was fine. I did find the room a little cold when I woke up but then realised I hadn't put the heating on! The room warmed up pretty quickly after that although it wasn't the quietest as it was like a warm air system.
Breakfast was buffet style and perfectly fine.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've reviewed this place before but just thought I'd update you. Still has the same feel, the place is clean and still looks good. It is in the centre of Norwich with a large car park outside - a definite bonus - about the only one that can claim both I think. You're just off the Norwich nightclub district so outside gets a bit noisy at weekends but the glazing on even the ground floor rooms means you can rarely hear anything.late on. The bar and restaurant are very busy, lively places used a lot by locals for nights out/family meals etc. You are within 10 minutes walk of a wide range of eateries and places of historical interest.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old part of the hotel are I think a little bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends