Most Premier Inns in cities are both difficult to get to, especially with one-way systems and can be difficult to park near. The Norwich Nelson is neither of these: our satnav took us straight to the door and we were amazed to find an enormous carpark (exclusively for premier inn guests) at the rear. We had no trouble parking at any time of day. The Nelson is right on the riverbank, with its own riverside walk and garden. The restaurant opens onto a riverside patio in nice weather.
Staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly and we had no trouble exchanging our ground floor room for an upstairs one with a river view.
The restaurant is a Table-Table, with a good selection of food available and the inn operates a meal-deal with reduced prices if you pre-order dinner and breakfast together.
We are fresh-air fiends, so had our window open at night. The city noise was noticeable, but not so loud that we were kept awake. Most noise was traffic, there was no loud pub/club noise, nor shouting/singing etc.
The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained, as was the car park and grounds.
Overall, we were impressed with the Norwich Nelson and would stay again.
We paid £29.00 (for two people) for a one-night stay, booking in advance online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated near the train station, looking out across the placid River Wensum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel Norwich
- Nelson City Centre Norwich
- Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel Norfolk