“Never again”

Blue Cedar Lodge Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norwich
Blue Cedar Lodge Guest House
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed here while working in Norwich, when I arrived late on in the evening didn't get a nice welcome , I wish they would have said my room had been let out because after the check in began my worst week ever ,room was horrible , bedding looked older than my great grans and wasn't in cleanest condition, blue paint showing through pink paint on wall, no ensuite available , and had to dehydrate until I went out because kettle was so unhygienic it looked like someone had used it as a toilet, I am working back down there soon but one things for sure I wil sleep in my van.

Room Tip: Don't do it
Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tracey M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Waited 30 minutes longer for the owners to arrive they was very late! Was freezing standing in the cold! They turned out to be rather old but sweet people. Got to our room and smelt like an old peoples home!
Was tiny and cramped! Obviously was not cleaned as all old half used toiletries left in the bathroom!
Breakfast was average failed to tell us there was no tomatoes and didn't offer a substitute! But gave the man sitting on the table next to us extra eggs because of it, (he was a regular)
The jam was out of date on the jar! And when somebody left the table they would just swipe to crumbs off the table onto the floor and just replaced to used plates/cutlery and if something looked "unused" they just left it on the table! Was pretty bad stay, not worth bloody £50-60!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimlee160411

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Baldock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I made this reservation for a twin ensuite room 2 months in advance of my daughter swimming at the UEA Norwich. The booking was confirmed via email. On arrival, my daughter and husband were put in a cramped room with no ensuite, despite email evidence to the contrary!? There were no ensuite rooms available. My husband and daughter left the B & B and drove the 2 hours back home. They will be heading to Norwich again at 6.15am. Such a shame they were let down by the accommodation/proprietor. We regularily swim in Norwich and needless to say will not consider using this B & B again. Not impressed!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sara S
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The Blue Cedar lodge is an average B n B in Norwich, the owner is friendly. The rooms would need a little refurbishment (old style furniture and a bit too crammed) and could be a little bit cleaner. When moving one of the bedside tables to get to the power sockets we found old crumpled up receipts and a plastic bottle of coke. But sleeping quality is fine as it´s off the main road in a cul-de-sac.
The breakfast was nice and tasty, with a view innto the garden.
Unfortunately there is no wifi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AndyKa74
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

stayed here for 4 nights in september...excellent breakfasts and lovely garden and surroundings...was ideal for buses stopping outside and was secluded...would definitley stay again...once again the breakfast was top form and home made preserves too

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

If I could rate it with zero, I would. It stank and was not clean at all. After a long journey which meant I arrived late, I fancied a hot drink - the coffee in the jar was so old it was one big lump and could not be used. I had to book somewhere else it was so bad.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BeverleyC518
ESSEX
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I were attending a wedding in Norwich and needed a room for the night. We didn't want to spend a fortune and found this guesthouse through "visit Norwich". It is just off the ring road so easy to get anywhere, very quiet, easy to find. Quaint and dated yet great value. Room was not very large but adequate, clean and had ensuite. Tea n coffee in room and tv. Full English breakfast overlooking the garden was excellent. No noise at all from other guests and well worth the £45 we paid for double room inc breakfast. This is not Travelodge standards but it is not £80 either. Homely and good value.

• Stayed May 2012