Wedgewood House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshomemade jamsb byogurtcity centregreat hostsguest houseslept soundlyroom was cleanoff road parkingexcellent breakfastmain roadfront of the housevisiting norwichtea traywithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this bandb in august. Beautiful clean and comfortable rooms . Unusually hot weather but each room had a fan in it that u could use. Fantastic breakfast . Nigel and Elspeth extremely friendly as is their other staff . Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again x x

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I found Wedgewood House on laterooms after being scared off a similar looking establishment by a ton of very bad reviews. The positive feedback on here and other sites plus reasonable rates (£65 per night double occupancy incl breakfast for practically city centre location) made me choose here to stay for a weekend away.

What a fantastic find. Less than five mintues stroll right into Norwich city centre. Clean, airy and comfortable bedroom with TV, tea and coffee making and hair dryer. I hate having to pack my hairdryer!!!! We were in room two at the back of the house and it was perfect for a couple of nights.

Hosts Nigel & Elspeth were lovely, friendly and attentive without being invasive. Breakfast was fab with cereals, fresh fruit, home made jams and yoghurts and a big selection of hot options too. No scrimping on the coffee pots either which always makes me happy. Also really helpful with local knowledge for reccomendations of where to eat, walk etc.

Can't reccomend this little B&B enough- they do have parking but are an easy walk to the city centre, castle and bus station, bit further to the cathedral and train station but if you are capable of walking maybe a mile and a half in one go you can do all the usual Norwich attractions by foot.

We'll be back for the Christmas markets!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

First thing to say that this premises is on a very busy main road, where traffic noise can be heard 24 hours a day. Our room was at the front so was very noisy.
Due to the hot weather windows couldnt be kept closed, and the fan provided did help a little, but couldnt open the bathroom windows as they had been screwed down.
The room itself was pleasantly decorated, but the flooring and sealant around the bathroom floor let the room down.
The dining area and breakfast were first class, nice to get hot food on a hot plate for a change.
The premises overall (dont be put off by the outside appearance) is in a very good location for walking to the town centre, it even has a pub within two minutes walking distance that did 7 real ales, all at £3....good value.

1  Thank riw9471
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed at Wedgewood House for three nights in July and was very happy with my room at the top of the house. Although at the front and facing a busy road, the secondary glazing blocked out the traffic noise. There was a fan provided also which was very welcome in cooling me down after days spent walking around in the hot sun! Room 5 is very attractively furnished with a supremely comfortable bed and the usual (spotlessly clean) en suite facilities. Nigel and Elspeth are friendly, helpful hosts and made me feel very welcome. The freshly cooked breakfasts are delicious and set me up for a day's sightseeing! Nigel also went to the trouble of finding out how I could get to the Redwings Horse Sanctuary at Fritton by public transport. I therefore spent a lovely day there meeting my adopted shire horse Prince. I would happily stay at Wedgewood House again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Only after we booked did we realise that we would encounter such a marvellous weekend in Norwich, with superb events and street entertainment to add to the existing beauty and charm of Norwich CIty. Our accommodation at Wedgewwod House lived up to all the expectations we had from previous reviewers: the owners were very helpful and looking out for the best interests of their guests: unobtrusive, but there to help and advise when appropriate. Home made yoghurt and bread a definite plus with the breakfast!! We would definitely visit again!