“We Loved It!!”
Review of Cairdean

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Cairdean
Ranked #39 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Manchester, New Hampshire
“We Loved It!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My mother, sister and I visited England for nearly 2 weeks at the end of April 2012. While my sister and I stayed in London for the first week, my mother went up to Norwich to visit old friends. Although my mother is very capable of traveling alone and taking care of herself, she is 85 years old. When I called from London on the first night to be sure she had arrived safely, I couldn't have felt more reassured. Linda and Richard had gotten her settled in and even checked on her when she hadn't come out of her room for several hours (we had traveled from the states and missed an entire nights sleep). We found the Cairidean spotless and very comfortable. We were encouraged to sit in the living room and sun porch if we wanted to. Breakfast was delicious and more than enough. We loved having the tea kettle with our choice of coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Linda and Richard were thoughtful enough to leave fresh milk for our tea. The Mcvittee biscuits were a wonderful treat. I hope to be fortunate enough to visit England again and I will most definitely stay at the Cairidean. The price was extremely reasonable. I would recommend the Cairidean and it's wonderful hosts, Linda and Richard to everyone.

Room Tip: Any room will be fine. We had the family ensuite which is a double bed and a single bed. Three of...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bizzy47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Havind read the previous two reviews, and stayed as recently as early April, I feel strongly enough to add my comments regarding Cairdean. I have used this B & B on several occasions over the last 5 years or so for both family and business reasons. It provides a consistently high level of service at a very competitive rate. Cairdean was recommended to me by a colleague and I have never had any reason to question or criticise the level of service I have received. I, too, would thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre hence the review!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve R
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I don't know who wrote the glowing reviews for this B&B, but they must have been on a different planet from us.
Ther is noting special about this place. Both the other B&Bs we stayed at during our visit to Norfolk were much better. This one had cheap furniture, they were polite, but not particularly friendly and breakfast was adequate, but that's all. It was on a noisy road and the traffic could easily be heard despite the double glazing.
I wouldn't go back. There are much better places.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank McIv0r
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have stayed in many 4 star B and Bs and most were better overall than Cairdean but to be fair, also charged more.The room and ensuite we had were ok but lacked many of the little touches that make a stay memorable. The well rehearsed welcome was straight out of the book but without the warmth we have experienced elsewhere.The breakfast menu was an unimaginative standard offering although well presented. We were a bit surprised by Richard and Linda's apparent lack of knowledge about eateries beyond those on their doorstep and the various ways which seemed to show they had lost the ability or will to see things from the visitors point of view. The state of the towels provided the best example of
this - thin, worn out, and with the fluffiness of coarse sandpaper.
But fortunately, there are many more B and Bs in Norfolk who put the visitor first..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JandE_10
Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have stayed at Cairdean on two occasions. Both times we have been impressed by the high standard of accommodation and the friendliness of the owners.The spacious en-suite bathroom was immaculate and the breakfast deserves the award. We wouldn't consider staying in any other hotel in Norwich again now we have found this superb B&B.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yorkshirelass58
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have just found a B&B which is better than most hotels I have stayed in!
Linda and Richard are so welcoming and friendly you feel you have known them for years!
The rooms are very good, mine had it's own full bathroom, with soft towels and all the necessaries - (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner etc.) Each room has a digital tv; the lounge has the same, so does the conservatory! The garden is lovely. Everything is immaculate.
The bedside tray not only has tea and coffee, but hot chocolate too! And biscuits!
Breakfast is excellent and each freshly cooked for each person - good menu choice too.
Linda told me that the website is what you see is what you get - I told her, no, what you get is better!
I won't hesitate to recommend this and will definately stay again when I next visit Norwich.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Lesley Q
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The best in B&B accommodation - homely and very kind and thoughtful owners. Delicious breakfasts. Lovely en-suite room - beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo