“Best B&B I have ever stayed in.!!”
Review of Cairdean

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Cairdean
Ranked #41 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at Cairdean just recently for five nights whilst on a training course near the airport. The training company suggested Cairdean as somewhere to stay local to the training centre and at the rate given I didn't really expect much but I was so wrong to think like that.
Richard and Linda are so welcoming and clearly know what they are doing. The room and en suite were very clean indeed and the service, breakfast and friendly atmosphere is second to none. How anyone could say otherwise I'll never know.
I will always stay there if I'm in or around the area of Norwich in the future.
Arrive as strangers, leave as friends...........
So fitting.!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Pete4791
There are newer reviews for Cairdean

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed with Richard & Linda on two occasions while attending training in nearby training facilities. There was no problem if you were late arriving. They gave good advise about local area and very helpful. Outstanding service given, will stay again if in the area. Top marks. Julian!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Julian H
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Excellent B&B. Warm welcome from friendly couple. Lovely clean room and en-suite bathroom and excellent breakfasts. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A and J G
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My mother, sister and I visited England for nearly 2 weeks at the end of April 2012. While my sister and I stayed in London for the first week, my mother went up to Norwich to visit old friends. Although my mother is very capable of traveling alone and taking care of herself, she is 85 years old. When I called from London on the first night to be sure she had arrived safely, I couldn't have felt more reassured. Linda and Richard had gotten her settled in and even checked on her when she hadn't come out of her room for several hours (we had traveled from the states and missed an entire nights sleep). We found the Cairidean spotless and very comfortable. We were encouraged to sit in the living room and sun porch if we wanted to. Breakfast was delicious and more than enough. We loved having the tea kettle with our choice of coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Linda and Richard were thoughtful enough to leave fresh milk for our tea. The Mcvittee biscuits were a wonderful treat. I hope to be fortunate enough to visit England again and I will most definitely stay at the Cairidean. The price was extremely reasonable. I would recommend the Cairidean and it's wonderful hosts, Linda and Richard to everyone.

Room Tip: Any room will be fine. We had the family ensuite which is a double bed and a single bed. Three of...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bizzy47
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Havind read the previous two reviews, and stayed as recently as early April, I feel strongly enough to add my comments regarding Cairdean. I have used this B & B on several occasions over the last 5 years or so for both family and business reasons. It provides a consistently high level of service at a very competitive rate. Cairdean was recommended to me by a colleague and I have never had any reason to question or criticise the level of service I have received. I, too, would thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre hence the review!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I don't know who wrote the glowing reviews for this B&B, but they must have been on a different planet from us.
Ther is noting special about this place. Both the other B&Bs we stayed at during our visit to Norfolk were much better. This one had cheap furniture, they were polite, but not particularly friendly and breakfast was adequate, but that's all. It was on a noisy road and the traffic could easily be heard despite the double glazing.
I wouldn't go back. There are much better places.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McIv0r
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have stayed in many 4 star B and Bs and most were better overall than Cairdean but to be fair, also charged more.The room and ensuite we had were ok but lacked many of the little touches that make a stay memorable. The well rehearsed welcome was straight out of the book but without the warmth we have experienced elsewhere.The breakfast menu was an unimaginative standard offering although well presented. We were a bit surprised by Richard and Linda's apparent lack of knowledge about eateries beyond those on their doorstep and the various ways which seemed to show they had lost the ability or will to see things from the visitors point of view. The state of the towels provided the best example of
this - thin, worn out, and with the fluffiness of coarse sandpaper.
But fortunately, there are many more B and Bs in Norfolk who put the visitor first..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple