Ok, the good stuff - hotel has new proprieter, Paula who made us very welcome. The reception area has been completely renovated and has a much fresher, lighter feel than the red in the previous photos online. New carpet up the stairs and in our 'upgraded on arrival' room. Our room was huge, its the one in the photos with the burgundy flower wall paper. The wooden ceiling beams and old style doors are just charming. Again the room has just been modernised with fresh colours and new furniture. Trouser press, iron and ironing board all in the room. The bed was lovely and comfortable. The snacks and mini bar in the room was a great idea, and reasonably priced. Again, like the bedroom, the bathroom is massive with lovely soft white towels. Plenty of off street parking, area felt nice and safe and certainly quiet, and not too far from the city centre (about 10 minutes drive)
The stuff that could niggle: we were told on arrival that the jacuzzi in our room wasn't working, that was fine as we hadn't expected to be upgraded to such a lovely room. Unfortunately the shower didn't work either! Hair dryer missing from room. Remember when you book this is an old house, we were on the first floor and the ceiling above creaked when people upstairs moved about, didn't bother us at all, in fact we found it rather charming, but I notice people in previous reviews have found this annoying. Breakfast was lovely, cereals, fruit, juice, tea and coffee plus full English breakfast, just note that the cooked breakfast comes as is, no choice of how you like you're eggs etc, but delicious anyway!
We paid £85 for our room, on a Saturday, we would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANAGMENT Hidden in suburbia and tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city lies Catton Old Hall, a quirky Grade II listed home dating from 1632 full creaky charm. There is free on-site parking with regular city bus route nearby. Perfect for romantic getaways, shopping trips, city breaks or as a base for exploring the Norfolk Broads. This gorgeous 5* B and B taken over by local couple Jason and Nicola in Jan 2014. A warm welcome awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Catton Old Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catton Old Hall Hotel Norwich
- Catton Old Hall Norwich, Norfolk