“Great Transformation”
Review of Norwich Castle

Norwich Castle
Ranked #7 of 148 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: Built as a Norman Royal Palace and once a prison, Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery is packed with treasures, including fabulous fine art, archaeology, an Ancient Egypt gallery, and natural history. Find out about the Castle's own history in our awe-inspiring Castle Keep.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My children are now teenagers now but I used to take both of them regularly to visit here. The displays had not changed since the 1970's when I visited as a child. My son and I visited yesterday and I got a very pleasant surprise when all the displays had been updated to a very high standard with inter-active displays and a new prison life display downstairs with a mock prison cell and a good information film to explain the history.This would appeal to children as well because of the graphics that they would expect from their computer games. Only criticism I have always had is that there is just as much art as there is museum pieces.Personally I would like to see more museum pieces that must spend their time hidden up because of the art on display.Their cafe has been updated as well but didnt get time to visit on this occasion

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We went here as a family trip for the day. We live in Norfolk, we did not really expect much . But I can tell you everyone had a fantastic day. From ages 3 to 43 there were activities going on every were. Not just in one area but literally everywere. Arts and crafts to dress up to free face painting and glitter art this place has so much to offer it catered everyone's interest. Thank you so much for a great day out. We will be difficult be back . And cost its cheep. A family of six £21. Fantastic !!!!!!!

1  Thank Torie1262
Reviewed 12 August 2014

There is so much to see at Norwich castle. The minimal entrance fee is definitely worth every penny. I would recommend everyone visiting Norwich castle.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent a day in Norwich, well most of it in the castle, The displays seem to go on and on. There is some super paintings as well as thousands of other artefacts. We took the Dungeon tour and the tour guide was very good. If you have Children there seems to be plenty for them to do as well. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank malfishing47
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We signed up for the dungeon tour and were the ONLY ones to take the tour! The tour guide was excellent and didn't let us down one bit. Amazing history here.....gave us chills to be in the area where prisoners were shackled. Parts of the stone floor were worn down, due to the constraints of prisoners.

1  Thank Linenminnesota