“SECOND HOME FOR A STUDENT”
Review of The Tea House

The Tea House
Ranked #4 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tea house, now under new ownership with a fresh decor offers a larger range of gluten and dairy free products as well as Traditional Cream tea! With over 30 loose leaf teas to choose from you'll always find something to suit you. We also offer Breakfast, brunch, lunch, cake and of course coffee! Never be too shy to ask for skimmed milk or of course soya! We serve food until 5pm Come in and see where Merry Berry sat when Filming Who Do you Think You Are
Bebington, England, United Kingdom
“SECOND HOME FOR A STUDENT”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We visited this cafe in the summer as we were exploring Norwich in preparation for our son starting at UEA in September and were really impressed with the quirkiness of the venue, the refreshments provided (lovely selection of teas and massive doorstop sandwiches) and especially the friendliness of the staff. Since starting his course Sam has called in on a regular basis for a coffee and chat and feels really at home there - a haven for students in a strange land.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe, not a restaurant !”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Pleasant cafe with nice staff and it does serve a good coffee, but not a restaurant so we did not find a wide range of foods available.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tea, Cakes and a Toasted Sandwich :)”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

After a great day out walking around Norwich and seeing the sites my wife and I were lucky enough to stumble across this excellent tea room. Great service, cakes, snacks and of course tea. I had a green tea blended with cinnamon and spices…I think it was called 'The Kashmiri Blend' - very nice :) My wife ordered a cheese and onion toastie and it was also simply delicious. The place topped off an amazing afternoon out. Noting that this is just off Elm Hill, a tourist attraction in itself, be sure to check it out :)

• Visited October 2013
Diss, Norfolk
“Lovely place to eat, drink and relax”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great little place this, a real find in the beautiful cobbled area of Elm Hill in Norwich near the Cathedral.

Was hovering outside (entrance is through an archway into a little courtyard) looking at the menu and was encouraged to give the place a try by a group of ladies who had just discovered it for the first time too and were raving about how good the sandwiches were and even proudly showed us some beautiful looking muffins they had just bought to take away.

We couldn't say no after this personal recommendation and we were not disappointed. I had a fab toastie and my mum had carrot and coriander soup. With so many interesting teas on offer (it is "The Tea House after all !!) we took the opportunity to give some unusual teas a go. My mum tried "Russian Caravan" which she enjoyed and my "Almond Black" was lovely tea.

Definitely give this place a try.

• Visited September 2013
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Nice place to chill”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I came upon this place as a tourist to the city of Norwich, and we were both extremely thirsty from walking around a lot in the sun and got a Cola. It was a nice and welcoming place to relax, and it seemed to be busy with locals. Well, it was not busy, but there seemed to be a couple local people hanging about, which is a good sign. After reading the reviews, I wish I'd had a piece of the yummy-looking baked goods on offer!

• Visited August 2013