“1 night family stay in Norwich nr UEA Pool”
Review of Broadview Lodge

Broadview Lodge
Essex, United Kingdom
“1 night family stay in Norwich nr UEA Pool”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Great facilities - tea making, hairdryer, tv, shower any you'd find in any quality hotel (we'd just stayed in the Holiday Inn nr the airport in Norwich). You get given a breakfast voucher (inc in the room price £74 for a double room) & walk across campus to the cafeteria where again the choice of hot & cold, fruit, cereal is of the same quality as a quality hotel. Would def recommend for anyone needing to be nr Uni facilities but also has excellent bus links around the city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Swim_mum_of3
olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had such a comfortable stay with us and that you found us so convenient for the Sports Park. We hope to see you again for the next Sports tournament!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here while visiting my daughter at the University of East Anglia. The rooms are smallish but adequate. Everything was clean. My room faced the back, so it was quiet. Making reservations was easy, and when I had to switch my reservation, it was taken care of promptly. One excellent useful feature they have is late check in with the security office. I got to the campus after 10 pm and the campus police had my key. They also gave me a ride to the Lodge, which was helpful in the dark. It was good value for the money. If you are visiting a student, ask for the family and friends rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Student Union.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you found us so convenient for visiting your daughter and we hope to see you again soon. I will pass on your positive comments to colleagues in Security who are always happy to help our guests out of hours.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rooms basic & dated. You get the impression that it is the old student accommodation but fine if you are just staying 1 night. They forget to tell you it's located opposite the student union. I had a room on the union side and it was noisy until the early hours making it difficult to get a good night's sleep. This wasn't helped by the room being incredibly warm. You have to go to the student canteen to eat which is a bit of a pain. Overall, the accommodation is typical travel lodge standard but overpriced. I won't be staying again.

• Stayed March 2014
olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that the conveninece of a guest room on campus was spoiled by the negative issues which you encountered.
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the secont time we stayed at the Broadview Lodge, visiting our son who is a student at UEA. Staff is very helpful, reservations made promptly and all queries answered immediately.
Rooms are clean and hot drink basket perfect.
One small comment about the shower - instead of a wall shower a hand shower head would be more convenient. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and hope to see you again soon. I will look into the possibility of providing a hand held shower head and will consider this request carefully.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

For the a price of £60 you get extremely basic accommodation, a single bed in a tiny room. The bin in the bathroom had not been changed. I was kept awake from 2am-5am by people chanting football songs outside and then girls talking in the corridor. Will not be staying here again. The staff were friendly however.

• Stayed March 2014
olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you will not return to Broadview Lodge. Guests are advised to call security staff if noise persists after midnight and a quiet word from them usually calms a noisy situation. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Broadview Lodge is in a perfect location if you're visiting the University of East Anglia. The staff were very friendly and responded to emails very promptly. The check-in procedure was painless, and the room was good. I was worried that it might be quite noisy as the lodge is located very close to the student residences, but I could not hear any noise from adjoining rooms or outside when the window was shut. The shower was a trifle tricky to get to the perfect temperature, but there was plenty of hot water. The breakfast was very ample and tasty, and a generous amount of hot drinks supplies were left in the room every day. All in all I can recommend staying in this hotel, especially if you are visiting the campus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us so convenient for your visit to UEA
Berrien Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room was very nice. Very practical to be close to my daughter and to all the conveniences. All the necessities were there: hair dryer. The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the warm drinks and treats too.

Room Tip: If you want quiet take the ones in the back of the building.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

olwyn e, Manager at Broadview Lodge, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I'm glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hotel Wroxham
Holiday Inn Norwich
Holiday Inn Norwich
#20 of 50 in Norwich
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Broadview Lodge? Share your experiences!