“What a shame”

Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a shame”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I have walked around High Ash on several weekends and it is such a wonderful place to see wildlife, however i have been very dissapointed as i never seem to see any riders out on horse back. All that wonderfull space and no horse's, such a shame.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank Brian s

Norwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Heaven”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

As well as providing magical walks - try a walk early in the morning - you never know what you might see - the most amazing wildlife ..... and jaw-dropping sunrises, High Ash Farm has a livery yard and we are spoiled with the most wonderful riding country - and hills, too. It was lovely to meet so many visitors on Sunday afternoon on the permissive walks when I was out horse-riding - the farm keep the permissive tracks mown extra-wide so there is plenty of room. Anyone who meets me and my big black horse, Dieuwke, is very welcome to stop us and give the horse a pat - he is a real 'poser'.

Visited October 2011
5 Thank barclayite
Norwich, Norfolk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A little slice of heaven”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Despite only living a couple of miles away I'd never heard of High Ash Farm until I stumbled across the reviews here. I'm so pleased I did! I'm a complete townie so I'm afraid I don't know the names of most of what I saw but several species of bird, butterflies, dragonflies, horses and a very cheerful farmer waving from his tractor as he baled up hay. As previous people have said, the paths are beautifully kept and there are so many thoughtful little touches, from the information boards to the artfully carved seating made from fallen trees. I have to admit I had a lump in my throat at the thought of someone going to so much trouble to provide such joy for everyone with no thought of financial gain. I arrived stressed to the gills with a two day old headache and realised half way round that the headache had gone and I was smiling. The perfect antidote to modern life. I didn't find the Roman town but there seemed to be several areas around the farm walks where parking was possible on the grass verge.

Visited September 2011
6 Thank Flossywossydooda
Highashfarm, Owner at High Ash Farm, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Thanks for such a wonderful review. Comments like this are exactly why I have done this with the farm and opened parts up to the public. I appreciate living here every day and I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit.
Come again soon! The roman town is also a really nice walk, you can find it along the Stoke road about 1/2 mile past caistor hall.
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“High Ash Farm is a gem but don't miss the permissive path on the Tas round Venta Icenorum”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Martin P
La Spezia, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“very good for children”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I went there with my four children for a walk and it was very nice because of the beautiful countryside, but also because I could allow the children to run freely along large and safe paths.
The only thing is that there are not many signs to find the place, so that I had to come twice before finding the place.
Roberto