“Overpriced "Iceland" quality food”
Review of Artorios

Artorios
Ranked #352 of 864 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Artorio’s is a typical Greek/Mediterranean Taverna where you can eat as much or a little as you like and choose from a range of drinks, wines and beers. A place where you will always receive a warm welcome; a welcome as warm as the Mediterranean sun!
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Went here with my wife for her birthday and took the kids. We parted with £107 for two courses and two drinks each. Really very average, pre-cooked microwaved food. Only if you're very hungry, very rich or you've had your taste buds srugically removed will you find this acceptable.

4  Thank JohnKline

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Artorios is great for famillies, girls/lads night out, or couples before the cinema kind of place. Convenient for Riverside and parking, wish they would negotiate free parking like many of the other businesses there. Wide menu choice, pizzas, mezes, tapas, mix of italian, greek and spanish with the obligatory burger. Wine and cocktails very reasonably priced, and decent food. It's not going to be gourmet cooking, its a chain but for what it is it's not that bad and it is a bit differnet. Chips were gorgeous! I find it noisy at busy times but there is a seating area at the back with views over the river which may be quieter. Service has always been good. Four of us had a garlic bread to share, mains and 2 desserts, mojito, wine, 2 cokes and 3 stellas for £81. £20 a head for an easy going no nonsense relaxed meal out can't complain.

1  Thank DisneyNorwich_UK
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We eat here fairly regularly with our kids. Slighty strange mixture of European dishes but plenty of choice and good value. Best choice if you are looking for a family meal that's not burgers, pizza or chicken and chips on Riverside

Reviewed 26 August 2011

AVOID AVOID AVOID.... We went here not so long ago over a lunchtime with our 3 children.

Looked lovely, however the place was dead!!... We ordered basic food for the children and chips and a few side dishes for ourselves.

The food came out in reasonable time. However, my children complained that they couldn't cut throughout their battered fish!! Upon inspection, it was still frozen!... YES FROZEN!

How can a supposed restaurant chef fail to fry battered fish correctly?? Our chips too were barely cooked.

They nearly didn't give us our
Meal free, only upon a severe fuss being made by my other half, did they agree.

I bad mouth this place to all my friends and am suprised they are still even open with the state of their food and lack of care by
Their staff. After all, they could have been fined thousands after our discovery!

Appalling indeed.

4  Thank Greengerkin
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Oh dear, this is what happens when you go to a restaurant without having had a chance to check out the reviews first!

I was in Norwich at 4:30 and was attracted in by the advert telling us that the lunch menu was served until 5pm, so decided to try it.

The restaurant was almost empty. My waiter took the drink order, my usual pint of J2O and lemonade which cost a reasonable £2.85.

I opted for the lunch meze, 2 dishes for £5.25. The squid was tasty, although it left too much oil on the plate. The shish kebabs looked and tasted as though they were from a frozen pre-pack from somewhere like Iceland. The tzatziki and garlic mayonaise were good, with the tzatziki containing generous proportions of cucumber.

I ordered this with chips, which cost an extra £2. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE. I complained to the waiter that they looked and tasted frozen and bland. He agreed but told me that that was ‘company policy’.

To sumarise, if you take it for what it is, a glorified cafe serving frozen pre-cooked and packaged food at vastly inflated prices then do not bother. However if there was a change so that the lovely looking venue served food made fresh on the premises then this style of restaurant has a good potential. I suspect that nothing will change and so I cannot recommend it.

5  Thank man-v-food-uk