“Tepid but Tasty”
Review of Artorios

Artorios
Ranked #330 of 848 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Artorio’s is a typical Greek/Mediterranean Taverna where you can eat as much or a little as you like and choose from a range of drinks, wines and beers. A place where you will always receive a warm welcome; a welcome as warm as the Mediterranean sun!
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The wife, three year old and I tried this place on the off chance after a long day doing the Gorilla trail round Norwich. We visited at about 5:30 PM on a quiet Sunday evening.

The service was on the slow side but very friendly, no real complaints there. The little one was given crayons and some pictures which kept him as entertained as it's possible to entertain a three year old in a restaurant such as this. Drinks were ordered quickly and were, as some other reviewers have pointed out, a little on the expensive side.

The menu has a pleasant variety of Med themed food, leaning towards the Greek but with influence from other Med cultures also. My wife and I ordered the set menu Fish Meze platter which consisted of six Meze dishes, along with Bruschetta and Piri-Piri chicken wings. Three year old had a Chicken Souvlaki from the kids menu.

And so we waited.

And waited.

Fingernails grew, hair turned white.

It was so frustrating, because we could see our dishes on the pass. However no one brought them over! If there was one or two dishes missing, I'd of been willing to wait for them until later in order to get the dishes hot. When they were eventually brought over, shortly before I developed geriatric arthritis, there was one dish missing and without failure, all the dishes were tepid from spending so much time under the hot lamp.

It was annoying, because all the dishes were, in fact, delicious. Just on the way to being cold! The Calamari and Gambas & Garlic in particular were really well cooked. Just lukewarm

Frustrating, all in all. Tapas (and Meze) can be a pain to time to all come out together, I understand that, but as far as I could tell, all our dishes from Mussels to Gigantes Beans were out on the pass just waiting for someone to bring some or all of them over.

A meal for three of us, including desserts (came out much faster) was a hair under £55.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We live locally and this is one of our favourite places to eat. We dined at Artorios last night and although it was busy as always the service did not suffer. The staff are so friendly and could not apologise more for the wait (we didn't mind at all) The food is always fantastic, would eat here every night if we could!!

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We went here as a group of 7 people and after seeing the drinks prices we ordered water! We went straight to main courses. My mrs had a lasagne and I ordered this pizza dough in the shape of a boat that had bolognese sauce melted cheese and ham in it. Food tasted just fine but the problem was that was literally all we got! It was £18 for those 2 items and you literally got nothing with them.. no salad no chips no garlic bread!! Also the way the building has been designed the noise from other customers talking is vwry loud so we could barely hear each other 2 seats apart! I wouldn't go back especially as the other restaurants on that road are much better value especially the queen of iceni which does a much nicer lasagne for less!!!

1  Thank BarryMcC86
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I went here with my family for my birthday meal. We were provided with excellent hospitality service and food was a good size and excellent quality and price. A lot for your money, would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

£21.30 for four drinks.....two glassess of wine (£15.50) and two lemonades for the children (£5.80)!!

Service was slow and waitress had could not be bothered attitude! Would not receommend!

1  Thank Louise E