“Alone”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

They don't book table for one person, you must be a couple to eat there. I arrived there about 8 pm, but even with free tables, I could not eat because I was alone.

5  Thank Monica P
There are newer reviews for Umberto's trattoria

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had a leaving party here for our colleague and I have to say that the service was awful- I have never had a waitress speak to us as this one did- and the food was lacking in flavour and portion size. There were 25 of us but surely if you can't cope then you shouldn't take the booking.
At no point did anyone ask us how our meals were or if we needed anything else. Even if they were having trouble coping with the party size, manners cost nothing!

3  Thank NorfolkButch
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were at the restaurant quite early and things were very quiet which suited us the waitress was very attentive and friendly and recommended meals could not fault this would recommend this place

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife to be and I visited Umbertos for our last quiet meal before our families descend upon us tomorrow for our wedding this weekend.

I must admit to be guilty of normally frequenting the 'chain' restaurants, such as Bella and Pizza Express, but now we've rediscovered Umbertos, we are sure to return.

The decor is pretty straightforward, no mood lighting or candles stuck in wine bottles and this did take a little of the ambience away, but the food is fantastic. It is plentiful, delicious and very well priced. The two of us had 2 mains, one side of garlic bread, a wine, 2 soft drinks, a coffee and got change from £35. We both struggled to eat our main courses, not because they were anything short of perfect, but because they were so filling and very generous sized portions.

1  Thank leftyamazed
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just been to Umberto's, one of our favourite restaurants in Norwich & as always the food was superb. Having recently been to Jamie's newwish restaurant in Norwich which was disappointing to say the least & hugely over priced it was great to experience once more the excellent pasta & pizza which Umberto himself prepares. The only surprise was that it was not busier but I guess a Thursday night in October might have something to do with it but if you read this review give Umberto's a try, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Barney44651