“Stunning theatre” 5 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Stunning theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2016

Watched "The Go Between" on January 16th. It was our first visit to the theatre as we live 130 miles from Norwich. What a fantastic little gem, the front of house staff were very helpful and the play itself was a professional performance from amateur players. I will not single anyone out for special praise but will just say that the evening was exceptional - and I am usually very critical of "amateur theatre".
Thank you to all concerned with the performance

Visited January 2016
5 Thank Philip S

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“a lovely theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2015

This is a lovely theatre where the audience enters at floor level and you then walk up steps to get to your seat. Quirky and helps to give the whole place atmosphere.

Visited May 2015
1 Thank Mark B
Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hot diggity dog! You HAVE to visit if you love theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2014

Its been a long time since I visited the Sewell Barn Theatre in Norwich. Thirty years. Where I live now that's thirty years in the desert as far as decent theatre is concerned. Returning, I found the Sewell Barn was still a jewel in the crown. Intimate, exciting, fabulous. I saw Unscorched which was a beautifully written play with delicate handling of a difficult subject. Wonderfully acted, staged and most thought provoking. Forget legal (or illegal) chemical highs, for £11 you can get a brain rush that will continue to stimulate for weeks.

Visited December 2014
4 Thank Fineartbird
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Never disappoints...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2014

I saw every production last season and what a breadth of choice - each and every one was well cast and both staging and lighting quite fantastic. I find it truly inspirational how much the company can achieve in such an intimate theatre and their use of the space is very imaginative - at times one feels part of the performance as actors at times literally sit or stand beside you during the production . I was lucky enough to see Much Ado last week and again the set was amazing. This season I have joined and as now a member received a free drink which was a lovely surprise - free wine is always enjoyable! Apparently I will get a free drink each show - that's my membership cost covered plus some! Really looking forward to their next production Unscorched which is an amateur world premier - unbelievable that we have ambitious amateur directors willing to take on such a challenge on our doorstep. Well done to all at the Sewell Barn - I only see the actors on stage but appreciate that so much goes on behind the scenes - together you do a great job - keep up the great work.

Visited October 2014
2 Thank Jill T
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A valuable resource, a unique theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2014

As audience and performer of some forty years' experience - and latterly director - I can confidently state that the Sewell Barn remains my favourite venue since moving to the Norfolk area in 2005. The unique intimate experience of the close audience proximity, and the flexibility of the space with its balcony around the whole auditorium, brings a thrilling involvement in the action. The brave and unusual play choices are stimulating, exciting and refreshing, mixed with old favourites - all performed to an exceptionally high standard. There is plenty of parking, a friendly bar and ticket prices are reasonable. Totally recommend it.

Visited June 2014