Stayed one night and from the word go was unimpressed by the officious attitude of one of the check in staff. Room was clean as I would certainly expect form Holiday Inn. The curtains if you can call them that were a bit odd. They are lightweight wood panels that have to be dragged across the floor; very effective at keeping out the light though.
The walls in the room were very thin and I could hear the person in the next room wheezing. By the same token he could probably hear me snoring and must have heard my alarm clock at 6 AM. If you want a quiet night without hearing other folks snoring this probably isn't the place for you.
Oddly the floor which I was staying on had photographs promoting a disabled rider for the paralympics. This was odd as there didn't appear to be a way for a disabled person to get to this particular floor. Just a thought.
I ate in the bar and was frankly appalled by the price and quality of what was on offer. The burgers start at £12 (plus £2 for extra toppings) for what turned out to be a cheap quality burger served with a lot of lettuce. I'm sorry but at £12 for a burger I expect something of decent quality. When I complained about it at reception the next day I was told that the pricing is standard across all Holiday Inns. Hopefully the pricing is standard but at other establishements the quality is better.
The saving grace of this hotel is breakfast which was included in my room rate. The quality and quantity of the food available at breakfast was very good.
If you choose to stay here and have a priority club account I recommend that you complain about anything not to your satisfaction when you check out. They are obviously used to complaints and straight away awarded me an extra 2000 points on my account as a gesture of goodwill. Fair enough I suppose.
The hotel gets breakfast right why can't it get the rest right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Norwich enjoys an excellent location only 2.5 miles south from Norwich city centre. This Norwich Hotel offers easy access to attractions such as Great Yarmouth, Snetterton; Norwich City FC and Sandringham House & Gardens. This Norwich hotel combines excellent facilities for both business and leisure users, including Kids eat and stay for free*.The Hotel facilities include 119 Air Conditioned hotel Bedrooms, High Speed Internet access in bedrooms, conference rooms and public areas. This hotel in Norwich offers family rooms and accessible rooms too.Holiday Inn, Norwich has 5 meeting rooms which can cater for many requirements for up to 150 people, from Meetings, Christenings, Family Birthdays, Funerals to Weddings. Ample free car parking is available. The Hotel offers a Gym, Sauna, Spa Bath and Indoor Heated 13m Swimming Pool and is complimented by an on-site beauty therapist (pre-booking recommended). The hotel restaurant allows you to dine in an informal atmosphere everyday; serving a full buffet breakfast and extensive dinner menu that caters for everyone. Whether you are looking for sight-seeing, shopping, or exploring the beautiful Norfolk countryside we have it all. Discover the hidden gem of East Anglia that is known as Norfolk. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich Norfolk