Visited this hotel for a night prior to attending a course I had there the next day, the price for a night? well they wanted £165, luckily with finding 1/3 off vouchers, that some how came down to £48. Not in the best location, a few miles from Norwich centre, neighbouring industrial/retail and a housing estate, The building looks to be a prime piece of 70's architecture, the entrance faces the car park, which had many spaces taken up with what seemed to be new cars for the neighbouring vauxhall dealership, luckily the car park emptied some what at the end of the working day, otherwise space would have been limited. Reception wasn't particularly welcoming, but despite not giving me as much info as the preceding guests, the lady was very welcoming.
The room was tired, and actually below ground level, so that meant no signal on my phones, so i had to go outside for calls, not great when the company charges so much for Wi-fi. The room was clean, and featured a large flat screen TV and massive bed, but the bathroom was tired, awful grouting on the tiles looking a mess, mould showing underneath and at the edges and wonky tiles and badly painted ceilings. I know redecoration in these places must be done quickly, but some one should check on the quality of work. One of the sockets in the room was broken, leaving a hole in the face, which i left well alone and reported when I left.
The hotel seemed popular for weddings(why i don't know), with a huge hen party crowd in the evening(i was warned when to avoid the restaurant) and a wedding taking place the next day. I knew the pool would be closed, but that didn't account for the building noise disrupting the course on the saturday, which meant the 10 of us attending were found a tiny replacement room to move to(very unsatisfactory, but at least the firm running the course were refunded rental costs).
Not a great experience, and I wouldn't recommend, esp if not getting a reduced rate, they got my business as i was attending an event there, but due to bad planning of the hotel, that was disrupted. The place needs to be more welcoming, wi-fi costs reduced to compensate for lack of phone signal underground and someone from holiday Inn to pay more attention to quality of building work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Norwich enjoys an excellent location only 2.5 miles south from Norwich city centre. This Norwich Hotel offers easy access to attractions such as Great Yarmouth, Snetterton; Norwich City FC and Sandringham House & Gardens. This Norwich hotel combines excellent facilities for both business and leisure users, including Kids eat and stay for free*.The Hotel facilities include 119 Air Conditioned hotel Bedrooms, High Speed Internet access in bedrooms, conference rooms and public areas. This hotel in Norwich offers family rooms and accessible rooms too.Holiday Inn, Norwich has 5 meeting rooms which can cater for many requirements for up to 150 people, from Meetings, Christenings, Family Birthdays, Funerals to Weddings. Ample free car parking is available. The Hotel offers a Gym, Sauna, Spa Bath and Indoor Heated 13m Swimming Pool and is complimented by an on-site beauty therapist (pre-booking recommended). The hotel restaurant allows you to dine in an informal atmosphere everyday; serving a full buffet breakfast and extensive dinner menu that caters for everyone. Whether you are looking for sight-seeing, shopping, or exploring the beautiful Norfolk countryside we have it all. Discover the hidden gem of East Anglia that is known as Norfolk. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich Norfolk