“Wonderful staff very helpful”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed for one night to attend the Christmas spectacular at Thursford, sadly after the show I was taken ill in the night. The lady on reception was an angel she came to my room to help , got in touch with a doctor. and rang to check on me the next morning. I was allowed a little extra time in me room to sort out my journey home . The meal on arrival was excellent . Room/ Hotel was clean. Towels , 1 hand 1 large bath. ALL the staff were polite and helpful.

1  Thank M L
Martin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear M L,

It is lovely to hear how much a guest has enjoyed their stay at our hotel so thank you for leaving your feedback
It is very unfortunate that you fell ill during your stay but I do hope you are feeling much better now. Our staff will always go out of their way to make sure you are feeling comfortable.

It would be nice to see you return next Christmas to Holiday Inn Norwich.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Recently stayed here with a coach company for a Christmas spectacular trip. The hotel was clean enough, beds comfy and the meals provided tasty. As others have commented, wifi, drinks and meals are overly expensive. The worst part of the stay though was the hotels policy regarding housekeeping knocking on doors at 8am and if you do not answer your door within 15 seconds because you are otherwise occupied, housekeeping will just let themselves into your room anyway. This happened to several guests on our coach trip. One couple was still in bed when housekeeping let themselves in!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear Carla C,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so pleased you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and your room accommodations. I would like apologize for the issues you had with our housekeeping that affected your stay negatively. And I am also sorry you were not satisfied with the rates of our amenities. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We booked the Holiday Inn and arrived there on 03 Nov. With the Gold status membership, we could have checked in earlier than 2pm. We couldn't make it, but arrived at the hotel at 1.30pm. We were told that the rooms would be ready by 2pm. At 2pm, we were told to wait some 15 - 20 more minutes, as the rooms were still not ready. I couldn't understand that reason and asked myself whether they have only 1 person to clean the hotel.
The breakfast was as cheap as it could be - eggs were floating in oil and you rather not look at the sausages. I'd have been more satisfied with Weatherspoon's breakfast (no offense), where some of them offer really good value for money, than this so-called Holiday Inn - We were upgraded (a way to keep our mouth shut), but that isn't what we wanted. We missed an important appointment in town.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I'm currently sitting near the restaurant. It should be open, as it is 6 pm. I'm watching a man, who is waiting at the front, waiting for a serving staff member to offer him a seat. But they aren't. They are still setting up, and ignoring him. Me, I'm not standing there, because I made the same mistake as that man yessrday, and this morning for breakfast. Both times I didn't get served until I actually hunted down a member of staff myself.

Also - they will want to clean your room at a ridiculously early hour.
They won't prepare a hot breakfast fresh - just Bain Marie that looks like it has been there for a long time. By the time I go to it -at 9am, croissants gone and no offer of more.
At the gym - which is quite nice- no one will offer to tell you about facilities, or even smile.
The wifi - most I have ever paid for Internet in my life. $32 Australia for 2 days. And then it isn't even really fast, and to all places in the hotel get good reception.
1 towel only in bathroom. Good thing I didn't take my partner or want to wash my hair.
No complimentary newspaper, except for a 20 cent one. What the heck is that?

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. Lot worse service than I had in a Wales BandB, where the owner offered to cook at 2 am, lent me a book and drove me to the station for free. Lot worse than the hotel I stayed in Dorchester, where breakfast was cooked individually, the chef happily changed something on the menu to suit my vegetarian tastes, and the receptionist talked to me about what historical attractions I could go see.

And they were both cheaper than here, too.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Myreview1235678
Reviewed 8 November 2012

As a regular Holiday Inn customer this hotel is typical of Holiday Inn hotels, albeit a bit dated. The hotel was fully booked for the duration of my stay which did result in full restaurants and car park. I eat at the hotel one evening and the food was ok. Didn't make use of the hotel swimming pool. Wifi was particularly expensive.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed overnight as this was closest hotel to the wedding we were invited to , this was in the wilds of Norfolk. On arrival the reception staff offered water and chocolate as priority club members. Of the many visits to the holiday inn chain, this was the first time I have been offered chocolate and water. a lesson for other hotels to learn I think.
We dined in the restaurant and the food was nicely cooked and the steak to my cooking requirement. The waiter also checked that it was cooked to my liking (rare). The breakfast in the morning was also nicely presented, and a good selection of fresh fruit. My only regret was not enough time to enjoy the leisure facilities.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank millseybum
Martin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments about your stay at Holiday Inn when you visited Norwich. I am very glad you chose to book here and that we gave you an enjoyable stay to hopefully remember.
Our restaurant staff and kitchen team will always ensure your food is cooked to your very own liking as we treat each guest as an individual and understand that everyone has different tastes and needs.
All Holiday Inn's operate different on their check in but like you said, here we offer all of our priority club members just that little something extra to thank them for being loyal to our brand. I am very pleased to hear this had a positive effect on you.

We would very much like to welcome you back to our hotel in the future so that hopefully you can use our leisure facilities!
Once again, thank you for your time in leaving feedback for us.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 October 2012

WE stayed at this Hotel for 1 night ,it was coveintly located just outside Normich a few minutes by car. THe Hotel was average not the best but not the worst, rooms were clean and cared for. We had no complaints.

Room Tip: Our room on the 1st floor was fine