Just returned from a lovely weekend break to Norwich.
The Holiday Inn, Ipswich Road is a good base to explore Norwich being about £6/£7 in a cab to the city centre. The Hotel itself has a nice feel to it and is in good condition inside. We didn't use the bar but dinner was included the first night in our rate and it was very yummy. Being what looked like the only diners that night we asked if we could have the dinner in our room instead of the restaurant and they were more than happy to do this. The staff were very helpful at breakfast on both mornings with ample food available from full english, poached eggs made to order to croissants and fruit. It was all hot and very yummy. Plus the breakfast at weekends is till 11am!! which is brilliant!!
The rooms are decent sized rooms with good storage and clean bathrooms. My only niggle with the rooms was the noise. We were located near a staircase and could hear people going up and down the stairs. This wasn't too bad Friday night but Saturday the hotel was a lot busier and they had people coming home from their nights out at all hours and this did disturb us.
We used the swimming pool, sauna, steam room etc and all were of a good standard and clean. Changing rooms were clean also. My little gripe was the gym. I like running and went down Friday to have a run before going for a swim and the gym was busy. Three treadmills, three cross trainers, three bikes etc. A lot of the equipment was taken and not by residents of the hotel. The hotel offers deals for people who live in the surrounding area for a cut price gym membership which is annoying as your paying extra to have the facilities available for guest use.
Also as many people have said £16 for 24 hours of wifi is extortionate especially as a five minute walk away is a lovely pub called the Marsh Harrier which has free wifi.
All in all I would stay in the Holiday Inn and recommend it as an ideal base in Norwich. I think I would just request a room away from the stairs and go to the gym in maybe the off peak times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Norwich enjoys an excellent location only 2.5 miles south from Norwich city centre. This Norwich Hotel offers easy access to attractions such as Great Yarmouth, Snetterton; Norwich City FC and Sandringham House & Gardens. This Norwich hotel combines excellent facilities for both business and leisure users, including Kids eat and stay for free*.The Hotel facilities include 119 Air Conditioned hotel Bedrooms, High Speed Internet access in bedrooms, conference rooms and public areas. This hotel in Norwich offers family rooms and accessible rooms too.Holiday Inn, Norwich has 5 meeting rooms which can cater for many requirements for up to 150 people, from Meetings, Christenings, Family Birthdays, Funerals to Weddings. Ample free car parking is available. The Hotel offers a Gym, Sauna, Spa Bath and Indoor Heated 13m Swimming Pool and is complimented by an on-site beauty therapist (pre-booking recommended). The hotel restaurant allows you to dine in an informal atmosphere everyday; serving a full buffet breakfast and extensive dinner menu that caters for everyone. Whether you are looking for sight-seeing, shopping, or exploring the beautiful Norfolk countryside we have it all. Discover the hidden gem of East Anglia that is known as Norfolk. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich Norfolk