We spent two overnights at this hotel when attending a surprise birthday party. It was easy to find once we got to Norwich, and after a frustrating journey due to erratic signing on the A14 from Ipswich to Bury St Edmunds which warranted a 40 mins detour, Ben, the evening receptionist, gave us a friendly and sympathetic welcome was much appreciated, as was his kindness in carrying our suitcases to our room. Check in was quick and easy ... our prepayment receipt had already been prepared.
Our room was spotlessly clean, with a good bed, plenty of towels and hot water, and a shower and bath which benefitted from good water pressure. It was a novelty to have sliding wooden panels instead of curtains, but this system kept the room dark at night and soundproofed it well from the main road outside the hotel.
We were particularly pleased we had pre-paid for breakfast in our saver deal. Everything was very fresh - delicious fruit salad - and we were able to order porridge and alternative egg dishes from the fried eggs provided. I had poached eggs and my husband had an omelette. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who were particularly busy on the Sunday morning with a full hotel. Particular praise should be given to Jamie, who made sure that any item that was in danger of running out was topped up, and whose courtesy and enthusiasm - and sheer hard work - should go far in the hospitality industry. Our table was well served by Yahira, whose friendliness and radiant smile made our day even though it was a foggy morning outside. We were also well looked after by Chloe who was working in the daytime at reception.
Our stay was consistently good. It is rare to find a room set aside with board games for children, so that they can amuse themselves, and we treated ourselves to a couple of games of dominoes, and relived some simple pleasures that we'd forgotten about over the years!
Access to Norwich city centre was easy, and there was plenty of space in the car park even when the hotel was full.
It would be our pleasure to return to this hotel. Well done to all the staff, including those behind the scenes who cleaned the rooms and prepared the breakfast and our bar supper on the Sunday evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Norwich enjoys an excellent location only 2.5 miles south from Norwich city centre. This Norwich Hotel offers easy access to attractions such as Great Yarmouth, Snetterton; Norwich City FC and Sandringham House & Gardens. This Norwich hotel combines excellent facilities for both business and leisure users, including Kids eat and stay for free*.The Hotel facilities include 119 Air Conditioned hotel Bedrooms, High Speed Internet access in bedrooms, conference rooms and public areas. This hotel in Norwich offers family rooms and accessible rooms too.Holiday Inn, Norwich has 5 meeting rooms which can cater for many requirements for up to 150 people, from Meetings, Christenings, Family Birthdays, Funerals to Weddings. Ample free car parking is available. The Hotel offers a Gym, Sauna, Spa Bath and Indoor Heated 13m Swimming Pool and is complimented by an on-site beauty therapist (pre-booking recommended). The hotel restaurant allows you to dine in an informal atmosphere everyday; serving a full buffet breakfast and extensive dinner menu that caters for everyone. Whether you are looking for sight-seeing, shopping, or exploring the beautiful Norfolk countryside we have it all. Discover the hidden gem of East Anglia that is known as Norfolk. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich Norfolk