“Great Stay!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn over the weekend, cannot say anything more than Great stay!! Staff are super friendly, nothing was to much trouble, perfect location, room was immaculate, great parking facilities, and breakfast was lovely. Would definitly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Norwich area.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Lucy H, Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to Norwich and that you found my team friendly and helpful.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Diane McTague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night before a christening. So looking for value and easy with family. Outside appearance not the best but once inside, very clean and friendly. Room petite but good use of space. Sofa bed perfectly adequate for 2 kids as two separate halves though turned almost all the room in to a bed! Bathroom clean and thoughtfully arranged for its size.
Pool nice for a quick dip.
Dinner, b&b deal good and kids ate free. Told of slow service as we arrived at the restaurant due to bus load however service was fine and had nice family meal. Meal deal selection bit limited but could deviate for £2.50. kids meals good size portions and ok. Staff were nice and good with kids.

Room was noisey but neighbours settled around 11! Only bothered by them when awake.

breakfast was nice, adequate and ok. kids(and I) really enjoyed the pancake machine. Stocks were fresh and monitored well.

May not revisit but only because not likely to be in the area again though did enjoy Norfolk.....

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Lunar99,

Delighted you and your family had such a good stay and that you liked the pancake machine!!its very popular with the children!!!

Norfolk is such a beautiful part of the country,I do hope that if you do decide to visit again you will come and stay!

Kind regards
Guernsey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We arrived early afternoon. Check in drove me mad as the receptionist just kept saying she was waiting for housekeeping to say when room was ready. We had to leave at 2.30 to go somewhere and our room still wasn't ready! We arrived back at 5 and eventually got our key but the whole place was noisy and manic as there was a wedding going on!! Rooms are small but ok. Soft beds. When I showered I noticed someone else's conditioner had not been cleaned out of the shower tiles properly!!
I just try to ignore it! Breakfast was ok but noisy. Not a great deal of choice to be honest! It wouldn't have been my first choice to stay there so probably won't rush back!!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Amandad 43,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Norwich.

I am very disappointed with the issues that you encountered during your stay.
I will certainly investigate with the relevant HODs.
We welcome all feedback positive and negative so we can continually improve our products and services.

Please feel free to email me directly diane.mctague@ihg.com

West Midlands, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Previously in Norwich we had stated at the Holiday Inn at Carrow Road attached to the football ground. that Holiday Inn was great. This one on Ipswich Road is exactly the opposite. We booked an Executive Room for 2 nights (18/19 May 2013). On arrival we checked in to find that all Executive rooms are situated on the lower ground floor and, guess what, this hotel has no lifts. Receptionist told us that this was pointed out on their web site. Check for yourself; it is not pointed out otherwise why would we have booked a room which was difficult to access for my wife who has a blue badge due to having had both her knee joints replaced. We were offered a standard room instead on the ground floor. the room shown to us was shabby and very small so we rejected it and stuck with the Executive room for which my wife struggled down the steps to it. Not once did the duty manager with whom we dealt point out that the lower ground floor could be accessed from the car park down a ramp.

Executive rooms here are very small compared to other Holiday Inns. The bar/lounge are in the hotel is furnished to a reasonable standard of look but, ladies, if you are 5 ft 3 inches then you either have to sit forward in one of the armchairs or your feet won't reach the floor. Draught beer on offer is expensive and insipid.

Breakfast is an experience best forgotten. The coffee served is awful. When I asked for proper coffee from the Starbucks machine behind the bar, I was told that I would have to pay for it. I stood my ground, refused to pay for it and then suddenly it arrived. The next morning there was less resistance. Breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn buffet but the food was all dried up. On the second morning my wife ordered a cheese and mushroom omelette. In due course an omelette was placed in front of her which turned out to be a ham and cheese one. This was not pointed out to her. Good job we're not Jewish or Muslim then !! When the waitress was asked for an explanation she told us that the kitchen had run out of mushrooms. I pointed out to her that there was a whole container of cooked mushrooms on the buffet counter but they insisted that the chef was not allowed to use these. All the food again on the second morning was dried up. One of the staff told me that they get loads of senior citizen coach parties coming in who are also not told that there are no lifts and that this causes major problems.

On checking out, the senior person on duty came to see me and offered apologies which were too late. He did however refund £50 which was the supplement we had paid for the Executive Rooms.

My advice is "DON'T STAY HERE". This is the problem with Holiday Inns. It is a franchised organisation and so there are hugely varying standards. Next time we're in Norwich, we'll be staying at Carrow Road again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear glenalex1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, room condition and breakfast experience. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very nice hotel and not bad priced rooms! Breakfast is very expensive if its not included within the price of your room.
Pool and gym area are fantastic and the fact that you get to use them as part of your stay is really good.
We paid £40 a night and for what you get that's not too bad but would not pay much more than that.
Staff were very friendly and it in walking distance of a tesco and pub! You can walk into the city centre but you are far enough away from the hussel and bussel of the city!
Over all its a nice hotel that is quite good value if you can get a deal on the price! We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Ali-lox many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.
Delighted you had a great stay and took advantage of the special offers that we have available.
I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Kindest Regards
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have stayed here twice in the past few weeks and find from checking in to departing everything spot on .
The breakfast is delicious with so much choice,I had room service this time and it arrived within 25 minutes of being ordered ,again that was hot and tasty.
I used the leisure facilities which were superb.
I have stayed at a couple of other hotels in Norwich but will now choose to stay here whenever I am in the area.

Room Tip: Room 335 ,lovely room,comfy bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear angela t

Delighted you had a great stay and that you have used other hotels in Norwich,but prefer to stay with us.
Hope to see you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed here with my partner for a couple days break & i have to say it was one of the best holiday inn's ive stayed in!

Check in was quick and painless the girl on the desk was friendly and helpful. Our room was on the ground floor but there was no traffic noise so i don't see what people have to moan about?!
We had dinner in the hotel on the first night it was actually lovely in some hotels you find its bland or there isn't much to choose from this wasn't the case here!
Our room was spacious and very clean good on the house keepers, bed is very comfortable and there is a choice of firm or soft pillows.
The hotel it self is about a five or so minute drive from the main city lots to do and see ect. So id say the location is very good lots of parking too which you find isn't usually good with a town/city center hotel. Breakfast both mornings was good plenty of choice food was very nice everything was kept on top of there was no waiting for anything at all. Staff were professional and friendly they found the time to chat to guest even though it was busy.

All in all this was a lovely stay and a very lovely hotel top marks!!
The review before was just disgusting and judging from past reviews on this hotel all i can assume is the last review was abit of a porky pie.

Thanks holiday inn for making our stay wonderful

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D S
Dear D B

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and that you found all of our facilities great.
We always welcome constructive feedback,negative and positive so that we can continually improve our service and products.

I do hope that you will come and stay again when next in Norwich!!

Kind regards