“Lovely hotel!”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The bedroom was spotless which was really nice to see as many hotels aren't anywhere near the expected standard of cleanliness they should be! Though the gentleman on the bar and the lady on reception in the evening were very professional and well presented but neither were genuinely friendly which for me really let me down due to the fact I work on Reception and the bar in another hotel and I know how important it is to show people you care and it changes the whole experience. Another let down was the fact we had to ask to get our table cleaned after we sat down in the bar!

Would definitely stay here again due to it being so close to my sister and the high quality of cleanliness in the room but the friendliness on staff could definitely be improved!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear lozB94,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor,great to see that you had a good stay but very disappointed that you didn't find my team to be friendly.

All feedback positive and negative is always welcomed,so we can continually improve our services and facilities.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Norwich very soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Norwich

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed in an executive room perfect for a family of 4. When we arrived the bed was made and 4 towels etc which is good. Breakfast was very good. The stickers for the children was a nice touch. Staff all friendly and professional

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Madmoo1103

Many thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am delighted you enjoyed the visit and that my team looked after you.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for family wedding, room was clean and comfortable - and although the crazy wooden panels were a variation to conventional curtains they did the job better and kept the light out so we could sleep for longer.
Slightly small bar when a larger group (wedding) was in as well as business travellers, but saying that we still managed to find places to sit. Friendly and attentive staff, and large free car park, which is a result these days.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Michelle H,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Delighted you had such a lovely stay and that my team looked after you and that the wedding went so well.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here for friends wedding in June. We booked a double room months in advance but when we arrived to our room we found two single beds pushed together and the bathroom floor was dirty with hair in the bath!! The refreshments in the room were poor not even a biscuit. We had a pleasant evening although the bar prices were expensive and they ran out of ice! We had a late night and put do not disturb sign on our door but was rudely awoken by the housekeepers banging loudly on the door until I got up and answered it they then said sorry we'll come back later! Checkout isn't until 12 and surely they must have details of which rooms have already checked out rather than just knocking on all the doors. I sent 2 emails following our stay but had no reply. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Mumoftwo 84,

I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay in June.

I have noted that you have emailed the hotel twice but have received no response,these emails have certainly not reached me,as I would have dealt with this immediately.

Please contact me directly diane.mctague@ihg.com

I look forward to receiving your feedback

Regards

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights for a family wedding. Our room was spotless and very comfortable.
We used the gym and pool during our stay which was nice too. My only comment would be that the changing rooms in the gym need updating.
Breakfast was a buffet which was very tasty and good choice of food on offer. Evening meal was very nice and the staff were lovely, always happy to help.
Would definitely stay there again thank you

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dixie2012
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Dixie 2012

I am delighted you had such a great stay.
My team are committed to providing the very best guest service,I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband recently stayed at the Holiday inn on Ipswich Road.

Hotel easy to find just outside of city centre. Bedroom was great for a few nights stay and the swimming pool an extra bonus!

We have stayed at several Holiday inns in past few years and I must say this hotel has the most friendliest atmosphere I have ever seen. A mention to prashana who was on the bar and Chole who checked us in at reception. Both were polite and genuine and helpful.

We didn't eat in the restaurant but breakfast was very tasty. Yes it is a little bit more pricy than your average full English but definitely worth it.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Holidayhopper123
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear holidayhopper123

Delighted you had such a lovely stay here with us and that my team looked after you.
Both Prashanna and Chloe are valued members of my team so I will be sure to pass on your comments to them both.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights it was nice décor in the room although room was a bit small but It was just me. My mother has disabled room and was much bigger and very large bathroom. the food was nice although service took ages had to wait a very long very long time and cancelled desert in end as took so long. plenty of parking though. could not get air conditioner to go on to cold. use of pool was good although I didn't use it. and drinks were expensive.

Room Tip: ground floor seems to have more room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear 21ukchip

Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay.
Delighted to read that you had an overall good stay but disappointing to see that there were a couple of minor issues.
A quick call to reception and one of my team would have been happy to rectify the A/C issue.

Do hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Norwich again very soon