Holiday Inn Norwich
Hotels.com
US$100
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsipswich roadmarsh harrierswimming poolhealth clubplenty of parkingcoach partyreception staffexecutive roomcity centrecoach tripring roadsteam roomcar parkthe ground floortea coffeecomfortable stayno lift
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed in Norwich for 2 nights in 2 hotels, and the difference in this hotel compared to the Premier Inn is huge. The grounds and car-park were well-kept, and as you walk into reception it is light, bright, clean and welcoming. All the staff we came across were friendly, smiling and helpful. Our room was beautifully furnished, clean and comfortable. Yes, the bathroom is a bit of a tight squeeze, but we didn't want to host a party in there, so it was perfectly serviceable, and again it was as clean as a new pin with lovely thick towels and toiletries. We used the film-on-demand service, they had a good choice of films available, and plenty to choose from for my fussy 10 year old. We didn't use the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food, but the menu looked nice. All in all we had a lovely stay and would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear SKK193

Delighted you had such a lovely stay.
My team do strive to deliver consistent great guest service,I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I do hope that if ever in Norwich again you will come and stay!

Have a fabulous bank holiday weekend!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed here with my Fiance for 2 nights last week as it really is a nice place to stay and central to most places. I stay here about 3 times a year with my mum as we come up for long weekend shopping trips to Norwich and have never had any problems here. Very friendly staff that we all know now, rooms are always spotless, food in bar and restaurant is fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Sarah G,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here with us.
I am delighted that you and your mum had such a great stay and that my team all looked after you both,

I will be certain to pass on your lovely comments regarding the food to my Head Chef Nigel and to Julie my housekeeping Manager.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The bedroom was spotless which was really nice to see as many hotels aren't anywhere near the expected standard of cleanliness they should be! Though the gentleman on the bar and the lady on reception in the evening were very professional and well presented but neither were genuinely friendly which for me really let me down due to the fact I work on Reception and the bar in another hotel and I know how important it is to show people you care and it changes the whole experience. Another let down was the fact we had to ask to get our table cleaned after we sat down in the bar!

Would definitely stay here again due to it being so close to my sister and the high quality of cleanliness in the room but the friendliness on staff could definitely be improved!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear lozB94,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor,great to see that you had a good stay but very disappointed that you didn't find my team to be friendly.

All feedback positive and negative is always welcomed,so we can continually improve our services and facilities.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Norwich very soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed in an executive room perfect for a family of 4. When we arrived the bed was made and 4 towels etc which is good. Breakfast was very good. The stickers for the children was a nice touch. Staff all friendly and professional

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Madmoo1103

Many thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am delighted you enjoyed the visit and that my team looked after you.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for family wedding, room was clean and comfortable - and although the crazy wooden panels were a variation to conventional curtains they did the job better and kept the light out so we could sleep for longer.
Slightly small bar when a larger group (wedding) was in as well as business travellers, but saying that we still managed to find places to sit. Friendly and attentive staff, and large free car park, which is a result these days.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Michelle H,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Delighted you had such a lovely stay and that my team looked after you and that the wedding went so well.