“Thank you for a wonderful stay”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Thank you for a wonderful stay”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here on business. My room was clean and comfortable and I felt represented good value for money. I managed to use the pool and gym which were excellent. I was very pleasantly surprised with the restaurant: I ordered a steak which came beautifully cooked. Finally staff could not do enough for you very courteous. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Aventus 17

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay .
I am delighted you had such a great stay and that my team looked after you.
I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again.

Happy new year!
Kindest regards
Diane McTague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
London
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed here on business. Rooms clean and comfortable and good value for money. Used the pool which was busy and we got kicked out for a aqua aerobics class. I was very pleasantly surprised with the restaurant: I ordered a grilled trout which came beautifully cooked. Delicious. Nice to have something different and not usual hotel fare like steak or burgers or pasta.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear cherryblossonfeet

Delighted you had a lovely stay.
Great to hear that you enjoyed your trout!!
We do have a lovely new menu and chefs specials every evening which are delicious.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again

Have a fabulous new year

Reading
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were in the city for a weekend and as a "gold elite" member of the IHG rewards club decided to check out the holiday inn on Ipswich road as a base. Managed to get a great weekend rate less than half the walk up rate.

Hotel is about 2 - 3 miles from the centre of the city on one of the main radial roads. Large car park which was nearly full when we arrived due to a "works" party, well it is Christmas after all!!

Check in was simple and fast as I am a "member" of the club. The walk to the room was rather long as it was just about on the other side of the hotel and it's a bit of a warren. Room was lovely and clean and fresh with double bed and large flat screen TV.

There was not much room to "swing a cat", as they say, in the bathroom and certainly no room for two in it at once, but it was clean and the towels soft, so the rest is just a matter of timing!

As usual, choice of soft and firm pillows. My only complaint was the bed, although it was very comfortable and gave good support, if one of you turned over in the night it did feel a bit like an earthquake as the mattress was very springy, which was a bit off putting.

Got up early on Sunday morning (07.00) and went for a swim and sauna and only three other people up that early. So three of us swam some lengths, nice wide pool so this was not a problem before a sit in the sauna and then another dip to cool off. By this time my wife was awake and we went down, well up actually as we were on the ground floor on the downhill side of the hotel so you have to “go up” to the restaurant. Lovely buffet breakfast with all the normal hot and cold choices.

So overall great position nearly in the countryside with free parking and easy access to the city. You are also only a small distance from the Norwich bypass so you can get to Yarmouth, the broads or North Norfolk without a slog through the city, which used to be hell in the summer!

Would I go back yes, even with the bouncy bed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Pair211

Delighted you all had a fabulous stay and that my team looked after you.
We welcome all feedback both positive and negative to help us continually improve our services and products.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year

Hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again.

Please email me directly for a bigger room!!!
diane.mctague@ihg.com

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Me and my husband stayed here Saturday 14th December for his works Christmas party, we had a fantastic time and I cant praise this hotel enough, we got a room rate of £49 for the night including breakfast as we were attending a Christmas party.
Upon arrival the reception staff were superb and nothing was too much trouble, it wasn't a problem that we were there half hour before check In time they said the room was ready and not a problem, I was specially pleased with this as have had previous problems at different hotels with rude reception staff so to actually have reception staff that were excellent was a real pleasure.
Our room was just right for what we needed, a great bed and a good bathroom with an excellent power shower and a bath and was very clean.
Once we were at the bar I found the bar staff to be very pleasant and helpful and also had a word with one of the male managers on duty here and he was a really lovely guy and professional was not the word, I thought he was great.
We had a fab party and the next day all the breakfast staff were excellent and once again the manager was there and was pleasant and helpful as ever.
We stay in hotels all the time so will definitely be back to this one and cant recommend enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Charlotte M,

Delighted you had such a great stay and enjoyed the Christmas Party

We have had great feedback form all of the parties which is lovely to hear.

Richie- The manager on duty is thrilled by your comments!!!! he remembers you all.

Have a fabulous Christmas and we hope to welcome you back in the New Year!!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

One of the worst places I have ever stayed. Hardly any staff they always seem to rushing about. Had to wait 10mins for coffee at breakfast as there was two large groups in. Restaurant is dirty blinds have bits of food stuck on them and so do the table legs.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Fred 225

Did you stay in Holiday Inn Ipswich Road Norwich???
I ask that because I certainly do not have a dirty hotel.

I am always open to any feedback from guests negative and positive so we can continually improve our service and standards.

General Manger

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We were part of a coach party visiting the Thursford Christmas Spectacular, which is not always the best way to visit an hotel as coach parties are often treated as 2nd class citizens - but not here, We had a very warm welcome on arrival and the staff could not have been friendlier or attentive.
The bedrooms were warm and the bathroom was of the highest standard. Everything in our room was spotless. The dinner, a carvery was excellent with a very good choice of mains and mouth watering desserts. WiFi was free with a good connection.
Again the buffet breakfast was of a very high standard. freshly cooked and excellent choice.
My one criticism would be the lack of comfortable seating in the bar area for large numbers, but the hotel did not object to chairs being brought in from the restaurant at the end of dinner,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear David S

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review
I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and that my team looked after you all so well

We hope to welcome you back again next year!

Have a fabulous Christmas and new year!

Kindest regards
leeds
Reviewed 8 December 2013

stayed on the 2nd December which actually was our 46th wedding anniversary.
maybe I should have e-mailed ahead as maybe we might have been given a couple of biscuits to have with the tea in the room.
shame about no biscuits as I was expecting some in the room and didn't take any with me.
we were on a coach trip for the purpose of going to the thursford Christmas spectacular, which was fantastic.
we were half board and the breakfast was lovely with good tasty sausages and hash browns and black pudding.etc etc. I would have liked some fried bread. other hotels do it.
the pancakes you made yourself with a push of a button and hey presto 2 came out the other end . well they came out the first morning but the second morning the machine wouldn't work and a man came and wiped the nozzle that connects the bag of pancake mixture to the machine and hey presto out came my 2 pancakes. they were delicious with syrup on.. then 5 minutes later another lady tried to make some pancakes but the nozzle must have been blocked up again.
so I think the pancake machine needs a bit of attention. I wouldn't want to miss those pancakes.
I suppose I could have tried the porridge but I didn't notice you could ask for it. it wasn't on the menu. omelettes were down on the menu and you could request them.
dinner was ok, not bad, and the puddings were good too.
the bedroom 210 was modern and roomy with a sofa. a little heat coming from the radiator but not too hot, not too cold. I don't like warm humid bedrooms. the double glazing wasn't fitting properly and was a bit draughty when sat on the sofa but no problem as the weather was not too cold but if it had been freezing out it might have been.
the 4 ft 6 bed seemed small when used to a king size but was fairly comfy if not a bit soft.
the air con on the wall probably wasn't working as air con but it did seem to blow a fan.
bathroom was bright but small. knees banged on the door if you didn't shut the door. and you had to squeeze in to shut the door to get into the bath.
my bath towel was huge and fluffy. husbands bath towel not as big and not as fluffy.
the extractor fan grill in the bathroom needed a good clean it was very thick of dust. I told the receptionist and this was cleaned.
maybe this should be done in all rooms once a month.
used the pool which was warm and the Jacuzzi was just coming back into action after being off for cleaning. 5pm. Jacuzzi was very hot and wonderful.
noticed that if you had forgotten anything like razor, toothbrush, nail file etc you could ask for it at reception. a nice touch.
I would stop here again but can we have some biscuits for the tea in the room please?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Grumbleweedleeds

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
Delighted you enjoyed it and the events at Thurs ford

We have to adhere to brand standards and biscuits are only available in the executive rooms.

.The heating provided in the rooms during winter is from the radiators and they are controlled from the side of the radiator,so guests can choose the temperature.
A/C is used in the summer months.