“Fantastic”

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Tuesday 14th January 2014 and found everything was excellent.
All the staff were polite, helpful and cheerful. The room was good and we will be staying here again on our next visit to Norwich

Room Tip: Whilst we had a room that overlooked the main Ipswich road there was very little traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear PaulStuartA13

Delighted you and your wife had such a lovely stay!
Look forward to welcoming you back to Norwich soon

Diane McTague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
manchester
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Fantastic service that was faultless. The lady on reception was really efficient and helpful as were the rest of the staff. The only down side were the rooms which looked a little tired and needed updating. All rooms however were clean and comfortable with the reception areas looking a lot smarter.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Manchester 980

Delighted you had a great stay and that my team looked after you so well,disappointed about the room
We are currently refreshing the bedrooms and next time you stay you will see the changes.

Happy new year!
Warm regards
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I read mixed reviews about the hotel being busy with coach travellers which concerned me as my stay was over the christmas approach period however to be fair the hotel did have holiday parties going on which were a bit lively in the bar area as you initially walk in but after 8 pm they all go to a separate room and are never heard of again. I didn't find this a problem.

Hotel staff were great, the room was clean and comfortable and everyone seemed to want to look after me and make my stay nice and comfortable - great touch.

I would recommend two things ( one for fellow travellers to be aware of )

1 - a quiet area for non-party guests to enjoy and relax in, rather than the hustle and bustle of the party crowd which isn't always welcome after a long day.

2 - I had to pay separately £5 per hour for internet access which was badged as high speed but wasn't great. This was difficult for me as I was using the hotel on business and leisure and an un-expected additional charge for internet access in this day and age was an un-pleasant surprise - particularly for a City based hotel - time to upgrade please holiday inn !!!

3 - should you drive into the City and park at the Riverside complex, read the parking notice board carefully. It appears to be a free car park at first, I did some shopping had a nice meal in the City and was stealth taxed £40 for overstaying at this car park - be careful!

The sports club downstairs was worth a visit, nice facility in my opinion. One guy on my first night was really welcoming and helpful the next morning the next guy was completely un-interested once he knew I was a hotel guest! shame because the overall experience was really good.

Nice comfortable hotel, good location to travel around the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear nimega1

Many thanks for your review and constructive feedback,very much appreciated we don't always get it right but we strive hard to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible during their stay.

Delighted you had an overall great stay and that you enjoyed our facilities.

I do hope that next time in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Warm regards
General manager
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The accessible room and its bathroom were both huge, clean and well presented. 2 things would make them even better. The bathroom should have a walk in shower. Even though the side of the bath was low it was still too high for my mother who has mobility issues.

It would be better if the bed was a twin (a disabled person may need their daughter/carer to sleep in the same room and the daughter/carer doesn't necessarily want to sleep in the same bed!). A zbed was put in the room for our use but it was suitable only for a small child. Why don't they put one of those beds that can be a twin or can be a double for maximum flexibility?

The reception staff could not have been more helpful and we enjoyed a continental breakfast in the Costa coffee area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Fiona

Many thanks for your review.
I am delighted you had such a lovely stay.
The constructive feedback was great and I will ensure that we look at the DDA room set up in general.
The Starbucks coffee shop in the hotel has been a great success since it opened!

uk
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed NYE over night package , staff great, as was room and buffet plus breakfast , just a shame the disco was poor , understand different age groups to work with but really who plays lady in red and theme tune to titanic as well as other poor music around 10 ? party tunes where played but after 12 by then everyone was already bored and ready to call it a night due to this . Shame as we would have made this a yearly thing but has but us all right off booking again :(

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Catlewisjon UK

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay.
I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the disco but the team,food and service were good.

I have spoken to the company that we used at Christmas for the entertainment and I certainly will not be using them here again.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the near future

Cambridge
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Recently stayed two nights on a DBB basis which was excellent value for money. We have stayed here on several occasions and this is a really friendly hotel from the time that you walk into reception. Buffet breakfast was good and we enjoyed our evening meals, where the food was well presented and plentiful. In fact I would have to say that the portions were a little too generous and I am a person who enjoys his food !
Whilst staying we enjoyed using the pool and it is good that you can actually swim here as this is not always the case with all hotel pools.
Our room although only a standard room was clean and comfortable as you would expect.
We really enjoyed our stay and would always recommend the Holiday Inn, Ipswich Road.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Nick056,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.
I am delighted you had such a great stay and that my team looked after you.
I will pass on to Nigel,Head Chef your comments about the portions!!!!

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards
Bedford
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday inn Ipswich Road last night (New Years eve) and what an amazing time we had,the staff were all very friendly and could not have been more helpfull.The room was very clean and comfortable,We had booked the New Year's Eve package and we were not disappointed.The food,service and entertainment were all very good and great value for money.We will defiantly use this hotel again when we are in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear TreBec

I am thrilled you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed the NYE entertainment/Buffet etc.

I do hope that if ever in Norwich in the future you will come and stay again