“Also doubles as community centre...”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel seems like your bog standard holiday inn- no frills, and in this particular case, past its best. The night receptionist seemed like he didn't want to be there and his attitude suited the tired surroundings. These complaints were not the worst part of our stay however... that was reserved for the bizarre sight of the gym, sauna and pool, packed with locals on a monday morning, to the point where there wasn't a single exercise machine available. Add extortionate wifi on top of all of this and you get a hotel that you wish you'd never booked. Be warned!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Adharrison

Thank-you for your feedback,always welcomed,negative or positive.

The Leisure Club is very popular with our members who pay to use the facilities.
Did you expect it to be quite?

Hotel looking tired?-the hotel is going through a soft refurbishment,which is clearly evident.
Are you sure you stayed in the Holiday Inn Ipswich Road Norwich?

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Spending a couple of nights here was a wonderful stay. On arrival and greeted by reception manager
Jane Howse and her staff everything explained quite clearly. The room was very comfortable, even down to having a safe with your own combination code, that's detail for the guest to welcome.
The restaurant served a very nice breakfast again nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
We will stay here again and would recommend it.
A taxi into town which they arranged and arrived on time, was very reasonable.
I mark 10/10 for a thoroughly wonderful stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Earth 334455

Wow!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.
I am delighted you had such a lovely stay and would rate your stay 10/10.

It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back to Norwich again very soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for one night and loved the whole thing. I thought the staff were fantastic - on reception, in the restaurant, in the leisure pool. Nothing was too much trouble and they smiled and were friendly. The pool was great. The Chinese buffet really tasty and breakfast was very good. Altogether, a wonderful stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Hisimp Cambridge UK

Wow! what fantastic feedback.
I am delighted you had such a wonderful say and that my team looked after you so well.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

we have just returned from a short break staying at this hotel and have had a fantastic time the staff could not be any more helpful if they tried, each and every staff member was friendly and polite and genuinely wanted to make sure every thing was good for you, checking in and out was fast and efficient. Breakfast was buffet style and always being replenished with a great variety of everything you could want including a pancake making machine, we ate once in the restaurant at night, I opted for the Italian buffet which was honestly really fantastic a huge variety, and nicely cooked, I did um and ah a bit before deciding on the buffets as some are not very nice and a bit "plastic" but this was freshly cooked with good quality ingredients, my husbands meal was very well presented and he enjoyed it immensely . We will certainly be returning. very wheelchair friendly,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael_carter68
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear michael_carter68

I am delighted you had such a lovely stay.
I will be sure to pass on your fantastic feedback to my team.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again

Best regards

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed one night. Room clean and comfortable. Excellent value for money with breakfast and dinner included. Allowed us to have dinner early as we were going to the theatre. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Ray rev

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

Delighted you had an excellent stay and that my team looked after you .

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Arrival & check in no problem. We were on 3 course dinner with wine, bed and breakfast at a fab offer price. Before booking I had had an online chat with HI rep who had confirmed the restaurant would be open all day. But we discovered this not to be the case,but bar was open for bar meals but the receptionist arranged for us to eat from the bar menu which fine by us. Then the chef said we could eat a bit earlier in the restaurant than their normal opening time. We were pleased as we were to see a performance by Dame Enda so time was paramount. We didnt have time for dessert, but the waitress Liga put these aside for our return. The restaurant staff were very attentive and the meals looked and tasted good (sausage and mash/Hunters Chicken) there was 3 different menus, bar, restuarant and buffet. Staff in all areas were pleasant and polite. Jane Howse on reception was helpful in looking at our requests

Dear Sue

I am thrilled you had such a great stay and that my team all looked after you so well.
I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!!

Best Regards

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just back from a lovely stay at Holiday Inn Norwich. Really impressed with this hotel, in a lovely location not too far from the city!
Room was lovely and comfortable with a nice double bed and a made up sofa bed for my 3 year old daughter. Lots of great TV channels with tea and coffee making facilities! Had room service the first night and it was great! arrived within 15 minutes of ordering and delivered by two lovely waiting staff.
Breakfast was so good, with lots to choose from, lots of cereals and fruits and yogurts! and of course a fab hot buffet as well. My daughter was really amazed by the pancake maker, she just pressed a button and out came her two pancakes with lots of sweet sauces to choose from!
Ate in the restaurant the second evening and how nice it was to see that it was an oriental buffet! something different from your typical A la Carte menu! And the chef was very helpful to point out what each dish was! Very nice indeed!
The spirit health club was great, nice little pool with a sauna, steam room and gym! The pool was at a lovely warm temperature aswell so my little one found it very comfortable!
All in all this hotel is really lovely, I'm delighted I picked this one for my break away!
What made it even better I have to say is the staff here, credit where it is due, these guys really show they care. From the lovely lady at reception, and the friendly girl in the spirit club they are all really lovely and look so happy to be part of this team. One girl that did stand out for me was Vaidile from the restaurant! she was such a sweetheart, so friendly and she even saw my daughter was a little bored at dinner so she brought her over some colours and colouring paper to keep her entertained. Thank you Vaidile and thank you to everyone. We will be definitely back another time. Loved it :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear Michelle B B

I am thrilled you had such a great stay and that my team looked after you so well.
My team and I pride ourselves on providing the best guest experience possible and its always good to read when we get it right!!!

Warm Regards