We stayed 2 nights (Friday/Saturday) in March.
1. The staff - in particular the restaurant and bar staff who were excellent in terms of customer service and ran the place to almost military precision. It might sound a bit gushing, but, really, it was a joy to watch.
2. The food - this was so much better than you might expect. On our first night we were too tired to think about leaving the hotel, and the restaurant had a Mexican buffet on offer. Great food at a great price. Breakfast was also top-notch - again, well cooked, with lots of choice.
The room was clean and decent enough. Pretty much what you'd hope for in a hotel like this, but sometimes do not find.
We used the swimming pool / sauna and jacuzzi - manned by a helpful guy at the desk. It isn't massive, and I'm sure it could possibly become a bit crowded at times as someone has reported, but we found it to be a pretty good facility.
Really not too much in terms of negatives (but, please manager Diane, if you do respond, please don't just brush over them and talk about the positives, which do in fact greatly outweigh these negatives)
1. The toilet took ages to fill. We heard another couple reporting this at the reception, so we know we're not alone in this. Sounds trivial, but if you're a couple in a room, it can be a real pain.
2. Charging so much for WiFi. You can go down to your local coffee shop or McDonalds and get it for free. If they can do it, why can't you? It feels like a rip-off - £16 a day - and we're already paying customers.
If these niggles were addressed, this would really make this a hotel punching well above its weight. We had a great stay and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Norwich enjoys an excellent location only 2.5 miles south from Norwich city centre. This Norwich Hotel offers easy access to attractions such as Great Yarmouth, Snetterton; Norwich City FC and Sandringham House & Gardens. This Norwich hotel combines excellent facilities for both business and leisure users, including Kids eat and stay for free*.The Hotel facilities include 119 Air Conditioned hotel Bedrooms, High Speed Internet access in bedrooms, conference rooms and public areas. This hotel in Norwich offers family rooms and accessible rooms too.Holiday Inn, Norwich has 5 meeting rooms which can cater for many requirements for up to 150 people, from Meetings, Christenings, Family Birthdays, Funerals to Weddings. Ample free car parking is available. The Hotel offers a Gym, Sauna, Spa Bath and Indoor Heated 13m Swimming Pool and is complimented by an on-site beauty therapist (pre-booking recommended). The hotel restaurant allows you to dine in an informal atmosphere everyday; serving a full buffet breakfast and extensive dinner menu that caters for everyone. Whether you are looking for sight-seeing, shopping, or exploring the beautiful Norfolk countryside we have it all. Discover the hidden gem of East Anglia that is known as Norfolk. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich Norfolk