“Holiday inn Norwich, Ipswich road.”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night as a place to crash for my friends 20th birthday. My friend booked the hotel so I wasn't sure what to expect but when we arrived it was very nice. Small room but good for what we payed/wanted. Jane at the main reception was lovely and very helpful as we weren't sure about having breakfast. Very glad we did have breakfast (although it was quite expensive) but there was a lot of choice and I really enjoyed it. Even make your own pancakes and everything was unlimited!
Room was very clean and overall was a lovely stay, shame we didn't get time to use any of the facilities included as they seemed lovely. Will be staying here again on our next trip to Norwich. Thank you!

Also the bed was very comfy and I wanted to take it home!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Hollie M

I am delighted you had such a lovely stay and found the bed to be very comfy!

Jane will be delighted with your comments,she really is a star HOD and tries to ensure that she looks after our guests at all opportunities.

I do hope that we will see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Norwich

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night only, for a friends birthday (7 of us in total)

The overall look of the place was good, with lovely tables and chairs outside!

Checking in was no real hassle, the receptionist Jane was absolutely wonderful, she was very accommodating for us as we were all checking in at different times.

Parking was easy, plenty of spaces!

The rooms themselves were clean and spacious, and the beds are SO comfortable! Had a great nights sleep.

We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, but some of us had breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast, with plenty to choose from - and the buffet was hot and kept full.

All the staff we saw and met were wonderful and acknowledged us with a smile or a hello. This was great! Thank you all :)

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear eckyba

WOW- what a wonderful review
I am delighted you all had such a great stay and that Jane looked after you so well.

I do hope that when next in the fine city of Norwich you will come and stay again!

Have a fabulous BHW

Best regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If I am not mistaken this is an old 70's Post House, and it shows.

The staff are friendly enough and try to be helpful, but the deficiencies of an old design show.

I found, when I stayed, that car parking was a bit hit and miss. There was an event/dinner on at the same time and convenient spots for the hotel guests were filled with the party-goers. Also, part of the car park was filled with overflow of inventory from an nearby car dealership.

I found the place noisy on the night I stayed, and had problems with excessive noise from folk in adjacent rooms (although, to be fair to them, they were not being rowdy or anything, it's more a problem with a lack of soundproofing), with doors slamming, with excessive noise from outside (a bus driver conveniently woke me up warming his coach up outside my room). Also, folk smoking outside the entrance (in itself not a pleasant experience for arriving guests) could be clearly heard through the windows (even though they were closed to stop the smell of cigarette smoke coming in to the room).

The room itself was nice enough with all the expected amenities. Bathroom was smaller than might be designed now.

Breakfast was OK but it was very busy when I stayed and some items became in short supply, but perhaps more a factor of a lot of people choosing the same time to go to breakfast.

This hotel would probably not be my first choice if in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Juninho_pp

Dear Juninho_pp
Mancheste

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay here with us at Holiday Inn Ipswich Road.

I am very disappointed you encountered issues whilst staying and I do appreciate your feedback,which is welcomed so I can continually improve the service and standards.

Please feel free to contact me personally
diane.mctague@ihg.com

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend!

Best regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I organised a lunch for a group of Colman Junior School retireds at the Holiday Inn, Ipswich Road and was lucky enough to sit down to a 'Food for Thought Lunch' instead. This is a special buffet meal, prepared by the head chef for groups of 30+. And what a lunch it was!!
Soup or a variety of salads with fresh bread rolls for starters. Carved turkey, salmon or a Thai dish, rice, potatoes and other veg. for mains and an array of desserts to die for. Apple crumble and custard, fruit salad, and dainty cups of chocolate/lemon moose. Fresh orange to drink.
Our party really enjoyed the lunch and made very favourable comments. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. We will certainly book this lunch again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with my daughter and 4 year old Grandson as we were going to visit the Dinosaur Park at Lenwade ( 7 miles away but seemed further going round the ring road)

It was the usual Holiday Inn/Premier Inn type room but it certainly suited our purpose. Bathroom was small but adequate and was very clean, as was the room its self. Bed was very comfortable and so was the couch for my Grandson.

We didn't have an evening meal at the hotel but the breakfast was really good. Lots of choice to suit all tastes - full English, continental, fruit and cereals.

The swimming pool was lovely and warm and this and the surrounding area were very clean. Had a nice relax in the jacuzzi and my daughter made use of the gym, which she said was fine.

The staff were friendly - especially the cleaners/maintenance guys you passed in the corridor.

Booked through Booking.com and was pleased with the price I paid ( paid an extra £7.50 for breakfast for 2 people and my Grandson ate for free)

All in all a successful stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest

Delighted you had a good stay and that you would recommend my hotel.
I do hope that we will see you again when next in Norwich!

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was very unhappy with the cleanliness of our room. There was orange dirt around the bathroom in several places and very dusty. Considering we paid £94 for a room with a double bed. Being given 2 beds pushed together with a zip was not what I had expected. Staff offered no resolution or apologies for my issues then I was offered a mediocre breakfast for £15 per head. Even the male staff working in the restaurant joked he wouldn't pay that for it which wasn't encouraging.

The pool and spa floors were also dirty. Overall it was to the standard of a much cheaper hotel and I shall not be staying again unfortunately as it was for me not the hotel experience I was after.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lillian L
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Lillianl

Many thanks for your review regarding your recent stay.
As discussed in your email to me,I would like to clarify the points raised for the wider audience.

A booking for a TWIN ROOM was made via an online booking agent 30 minutes before your arrival.So in relation to your problem,this was resolved before you checked in.
A double room was allocated.

On check in you were allocated a double room which consisted of a zip & link bed.
Room 113 which I may add does not have any "orange dirt" around that bath area.

On check out your partner shouted and used obscene language at my Duty Manager and the reception team who had helped you the evening before,was this necessary?

The Spirit Health Club is certainly far from being dirty.

Breakfast is £15.95 and is incredibly good value for what is offered.

Please be truthful when submitting a review.

Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed overnight, comfortable room, clean. The shutters on the windows ensured a dark relaxing room. Bath took ages to run but a minor problem. The major concern is the fact that you have to pay for the wifi in the bedrooms although free in the public areas. Why not in the bedrooms? The breakfast was good, food was continually refreshed. All in all a good place to stay if they fix the wifi situation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear frequentflyerssuffolk

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Great to read you had such good stay-apart from the wifi
This is available to all IHG members complimentary.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.