“Long weekend around the Broads”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chose Holiday Inn as a base as the standard is always good. Check in was fast and easy, room was clean and comfortable. Only gripe no
Lift.Staff go out of the way to make your stay enjoyable.
The food was of a very good standard with plenty of choice, both for dinner and breakfast. The drinks at the bar were well priced and a good range.

• Stayed: May 2014
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear gezcaz

Absolutely delighted you had such a great stay!

Apologies regarding the lack of a lift,but any of my team are happy to carry any luggage for our guests.

I do hope that we will see you again soon.

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked this hotel in error as wanted to booked the Hol Inn overlooking the football ground as we were eating at Delia's. (3 Holiday Inns in Norwich!) We decided to stick with it after all as it was cheaper, had free parking and the pool.
It's very nice.
Leafy surroundings, easy and plentiful parking. Helpful staff. Good size room, very clean and comfortable. Perfect for a 2 night stay. Slept really well - bed was lovely, no noise at night. Massive TV - the biggest we have had in a hotel.
Breakfast was good, plenty of choice, very attentive staff. Pancake making machine seemed to be a big hit - especially for the children.
Pool and gym were compact but adequate for a quick dip and jacuzzi - a Spirit gym used by members of the public too so all well maintained.
Overall we were impressed with the hotel.
Taxi into Norwich centre was £7 from hotel. Public transport links not good when we stayed (Sun & bank hol). Did find free on-street parking in Norwich though on the Sunday so that was a bonus.
Would probably stay more centrally if we visited Norwich again. Happy with the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lindaBBrighton

Great to read that you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed the amenities in the hotel.
Yes the pancake machine is very popular!! they are delicious.

I do hope that you will come and stay again when next in Norwich!

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

A good stay always starts at check in and my experience was easy and I found the girls at check in to be giggly friendly, smiling and just natural. nothing foxed or fake which you tend to see in bigger brand hotels.

Good points

-Room - Huge, with lots of space
-Bed - Huge comfy bed with nice new looking sheets and a comfy quilt
-Gym and Pool - Modern and decent seize with lots of variety in equipment
-Breakfast was nice, the staff very very quite and the food selection was huge!

To improve
-I waited at the bar for quite some time up[on my return from the cinema for some iced wage for my room before someone came
-The rooms were a little hot, so had to get a fan.

Would I stay again? Without a doubt yes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Basurq
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Basurq

Delighted you had such a great stay and that my team looked after you.

I have noted your points re the bar service,all feedback both positive and negative is welcomed as this allows me to continually improve our service and products.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Norwich very soon.

Have a fabulous bank holiday weekend!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

went to stay with a couple of friends are room was nice size for 2 people however the bathroom was small. staff member names jane a believe was lovely very helpfull booked us all a mini bus into the town and was there if we needed any help. i had a verygood night sleep in the morning our group went down for breakfast that cost £15 (a bit much i think) however im not a very big breakfast person never have been so all i wanted was a cup of tea and maybe one slice of toast on my way down i asked at the main desk if i could not pay the whole £15 and just pay for a cup of tea and slice of toast so i could sit with my friends she said that was fine, when we went to eat the waiter was told 5 people for all you can eat and 1 for not. as i sat down with my nice cup of tea and slice of toast a very rude old male and young female waiter come over and told me i was not to eat! i explained i only wanted a cup of tea and slice of toast and i did ask at the main desk they said they would have to double check this they did and i was right they never came over to say sorry.
if i would have known it was that hard to have a cup if tea i would have just gone to coster.

Dear meggy15moo,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

Great to read you slept so well,disappointed to see that there was an issue with the breakfast but great that it was resolved.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future
Have a great BHW!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for a wedding which took place in the local area. Although the building isn't much to write home about from the outside the inside is well cared for. The bedroom and bed was comfy and well appointed and bathroom was very clean. Lovely reception area and excellent range of buffet breakfast items with attentive staff on hand for taking tea & coffee and poached / boiled egg orders. However, please sort out your excessive WiFi charges... They are an absolute joke! If guests have paid for a room then include wifi as standard. These are modern times and NOT the dark ages. If I had been staying on business then I would have gone nuts! Apart from that a nice hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear iainpickles1970

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.
Delighted you had a great stay and that my team looked after you.

With regard to the wifi this will be made available to all guests complimentary in June.

Hope we can welcome you back soon

Have a great BHW!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night as a place to crash for my friends 20th birthday. My friend booked the hotel so I wasn't sure what to expect but when we arrived it was very nice. Small room but good for what we payed/wanted. Jane at the main reception was lovely and very helpful as we weren't sure about having breakfast. Very glad we did have breakfast (although it was quite expensive) but there was a lot of choice and I really enjoyed it. Even make your own pancakes and everything was unlimited!
Room was very clean and overall was a lovely stay, shame we didn't get time to use any of the facilities included as they seemed lovely. Will be staying here again on our next trip to Norwich. Thank you!

Also the bed was very comfy and I wanted to take it home!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Hollie M

I am delighted you had such a lovely stay and found the bed to be very comfy!

Jane will be delighted with your comments,she really is a star HOD and tries to ensure that she looks after our guests at all opportunities.

I do hope that we will see you again soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night only, for a friends birthday (7 of us in total)

The overall look of the place was good, with lovely tables and chairs outside!

Checking in was no real hassle, the receptionist Jane was absolutely wonderful, she was very accommodating for us as we were all checking in at different times.

Parking was easy, plenty of spaces!

The rooms themselves were clean and spacious, and the beds are SO comfortable! Had a great nights sleep.

We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, but some of us had breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast, with plenty to choose from - and the buffet was hot and kept full.

All the staff we saw and met were wonderful and acknowledged us with a smile or a hello. This was great! Thank you all :)

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear eckyba

WOW- what a wonderful review
I am delighted you all had such a great stay and that Jane looked after you so well.

I do hope that when next in the fine city of Norwich you will come and stay again!

Have a fabulous BHW