“Couples Hotel...”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely welcome entrance, nice food for a Holiday Inn, nice clean, perfect couple rooms. Brilliant on site facilities swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, nice for a yourself and your partner to get into ;-) Air conned rooms. Perfect for a small couple get away!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee F
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear LeeIwalycst

Wow- fabulous review.
Delighted you both thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We do have special 'romantic packages' that are very good value for money
Also we do 'his & hers' beauty treatments in our new beauty room.
There are some fantastic deals currently on offer.

Hope that we can welcome you both back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My son is at the University and living so far away I often stay in Norwich. If you book holiday Inn hotels well in advance it makes very good value. I enjoy the health facilities here, the pool has always been quiet for a lovely swim. I have used the bar facilities, very helpful, nice atmosphere and clean and tidy. Rooms have tea and coffee, t.v, bathroom products and are of a clean and good standard. I found the hotel easy to find and perfect for not only exploring Norwich but the surrounding attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear cord48,

Many thanks for your review
Delighted you had such a lovely stay and that you made full use of our great leisure facilities.

I do hope that we will see you again very soon

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have traveled as team round the country for the past 5 years using the Holiday Inn hotels as our rest place for the evenings.

Normally the Holiday Inn's are very good value and service....... However the one in question was the worst experience ever.

The staff were incapable of signing people in without problems but worst then that the food was so bad they didn't actually believe they served it. It was on the verge of being comical.

Our 'double beds' which were actually two single beds pushed together with brackets that were broken meant me and my good lady ended up sleeping on the floor several times throughout the evening. After calling reception several times with no response we gave up and thought the duvet covers on the floor was the best option.

The worst experience of all was talking to the unnamed general manager who i personally think could not manage a bath.
She carried out an investigation regarding my concerns which i can almost guarantee never took place due to her response.
The response was poor and insulting and at one point actually accused her client of being a liar.

Please use hotel as a last option. I think the front of my car in a sleeping bag and a takeaway burger king would have been more comfortable then staying in the Holiday Inn Ipswich Road.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car... Parking is free
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Luke C
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Luke c,

Many thanks for your review,

I will however clarify for the wider reading audience that your review is indeed total fabrication.

We have exchanged 4 emails and you have also posted another fabricated review on another website.

You booked a standard double room,you were allocated a double standard room,which is a zip & link bed (king size bed),It does amuse me to read that you telephoned reception several times,I believe that in our email trail I asked you why you didn't call the Duty Manager/Reception and ask for a room move if your bed was so uncomfortable.

With regard to the food being so bad,your party and yourself ordered sandwiches in the bar,three were fine and were eaten,you did not like your sandwich and that was refunded immediately.

My team work very hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with respect and looked after to the best of their ability and I have every confidence in my team.

Perhaps in future when posting reviews you need to keep with the facts and not fabrication.

The wider audience will read the genuine good reviews,not insulting fabrication.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We wanted to stay close enough to Norwich to visit the town and family who live close by.
This Hotel has a great Free Car Park with lots of spaces.

We were warmly welcomed by reception, in fact they were so lovely and welcoming we are planning to go back again soon.Our little girl loved saying hello to them every time we walked past and they always had a big smile and took time out to say hello and talk to her.

The room we had was lovely and clean (spotless) and as the hotel is within the large grounds there was no road noise to be heard.

We never managed to get to the pool but did have a quick look. We will definitely go next time it looked lovely.

Breakfast was brilliant. Everything you could want or need. In fact, I'm on a diet after eating too much.

We went to visit family in Norwich and we will definitely use this hotel in the future on our return.

I would highly recommend this hotel to all

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor with room numbers starting 200. Ideal when you have a lot of luggage a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Savage 1999uk,

Delighted you all had such a wonderful stay.

I have to agree I have a fantastic team and they strive very hard to look after all of our guests.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Best regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend. from the outside it doesn't show it's full potential as from the momonebt you step through the door-the pleasant decor as well as the exemplary service. The lady on the reception desk, jane, the first person you meet- couldn't do enough to make us well informed and extremely welcome-nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast choices were simple but excellent, a nice touch having a pancake making machine! And Labh, the restaurant manager I think, was extremely accommodating and paid attention to every detail. And also Martyn, restaurant/room service, was quick to solve our room service query. No matter what we did or where we went within the hotel, we were treated with so much care and attention. A lovely hotel, would definitely return-good location for Norwich and beaches, good discounted deals available and very good having an indoor pool/gym and Beauty salon.

• Stayed: June 2014
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear vicFD70,

Wow-What a fantastic review
I am thrilled you had such a fabulous stay and that Jane,Labh and Martyn looked after you.
I will pass on your lovely comments to them all

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Easy and friendly check in to this clean and pleasant hotel. The twin room was as you would expect - no frills but excellent value for the £58 we paid for the night. Did not get to see the pool and leisure facilities but there were lots of locals coming and going to use them. In the restaurant we were offered a Mexican buffet or a small list of about 5 alternatives, none of which we fancied so we opted for the buffet. Although the food was tasty it was highly carb-laden with very little choice for fresh veg other than a salad bar. However the salmon fillets were lovely as were some of the tex mex starters. When we returned to our room I noticed the room service menu had the types of options we had expected - burgers, steak, pasta and so on. I don't understand why we were not offered this menu in the restaurant. Breakfast was usual buffet fare, kept well stocked up by the staff and with a lovely fresh pancake maker for the children ( or grown ups). Had the evening meal been a better experience I would not have been able to fault the stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear sarzit11

Many thanks for your review

Great to read you had a good stay.
Not quite understanding the comment 'shame about the food'

In your review you said it was lovely!Especially the salmon fillet.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A well appointed hotel, in a lovely setting, about 1.5 miles from the city centre. Plenty of parking spaces check in/ check out was quick, with courteous desk staff.
A comfortable, quiet room, on level 1
I didn't get to sample the restaurant or leisure facilities, so unable to comment on those.
I'd happily stay here again whenever I'm next in the Norwich area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Barry J

Delighted to read you had a great stay

I do hope that when you next stay you will make full use of our lovely leisure facilities and restaurant.

Best regards