“A VERY PLEASANT STAY IN AN EXTREMELY NICE AND QUIET ROOM”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London, United Kingdom
“A VERY PLEASANT STAY IN AN EXTREMELY NICE AND QUIET ROOM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I were booked in here for one night when we were in Norwich for a Comedy Golf Classic. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised as I had seen some very bad reviews and was not looking forward to being there. Apparently. there had been a lot of problems with air conditioning breaking down and, as I am prone to fainting, I was hoping that it had been fixed. I needn't have worried. All was well and, in fact, I had to get them to turn it off late that night as it was too cold! It came on again that morning which was fine as it was very warm. The staff were very helpful. The room was lovely and there was no noise at all from outside. I think we were more fortunate than other people who were given rooms where they did suffer some noise from outside. The breakfast was very nice comprising fresh fruit, juice, muesli, another cereal, scrambled egg, sausage and beans and toast and croissants. There was coffee and a selection of tea which was nice for me as I like Earl Grey. In all, an enjoyable experience and much better than I had anticipated.

Room Tip: lst floor room 104 was very good.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear jacquiecapri

Delighted to read you had a lovely stay,and really enjoyed your breakfast!
But if I may just clarify a few points that you have raised.

With regard to the 'terrible reviews' we do have 264 excellent/very good reviews and just 13 terrible.

The a/c is always working,sometimes guests are unsure how to operate,thus when reviewing say it was not working.

My team strive to provide the best guest service possible and all feedback positive & negative is always welcomed,so we can continually improve our services and products.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon

Diane McTague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been staying at the Holiday Inn on Ipswich Road in Norwich for several weeks as I've been working away. It's a pleasant hotel in a nice setting, but what really makes it is the staff who go out of their way to be polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have limited mobile phone coverage
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Chully

Delighted you have enjoyed staying with us.
My team are great and always try their very best to look after our guests.
I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments.

Hope we will see you again soon!

Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We often travel on business to Norfolk and, I have to say, this hotel is one of the best in the area. Good customer service, comfortable rooms, pleasant leisure facilities and close to both the city and the Norwich by-pass. I would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Not so keen (only a minor point) on the picture of the dirty, snotty, food spattered child on the room keycard cover - quite unpleasant actually - and I had to keep turning it over so as not to look at it. Please change your picture, Holiday Inn!

Nonetheless, a very good hotel and - usually - obtainable at a competitive and reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank J0hnH_W
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear John_W

Delighted you had a great stay!

All feedback positive & negative is always welcomed.
I will be sure to pass on your comments re the key card holder.

Hope to see you again when next in Norwich!

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a long Bank Holiday weekend here. Good location on the outskirts of the city. Although the exterior is dated, the hotel enjoys some pretty extensive and well maintained grounds with ample parking.

The interiors are well maintained and on-brand. Although I'm a Platinum card holder, it looks as if I wasn't given a room upgrade, but my room was fine.

Service was personable and courteous and it's great to see staff showing and sharing their sense of humour with guests.

There was a tendency for food to run out from the breakfast buffet, so more care needs to be taken when monitoring the situation. And tea and coffee orders were slow in coming.

But aside from the above, I can recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014
Dear BritTraveller68,

Great to read that you all had a comfortable stay.
I have noted your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and these will be passed to my Head Chef.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed a night at Ipswich Road Holiday Inn as we were at a wedding locally. We were both really impressed by the hotel having not expected very much.

The room was ample size, clean and comfy as was the rest of the hotel. The restaurant looked really nice, although we didn't actually eat there. The bar was great and the staff were really friendly all round.

We thought there should have been free wifi as most hotels offer these days and the £5/hour is too expensive as far as I'm concerned, but all-in-all it was a great stay.

Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Shepherdess2012

Delighted you had a lovely stay,great to read that you found my team friendly and helpful.

With regard to the wifi- we do provide it complimentary in the lounge/bar/restaurant area's.

If you ever in the fine city of Norwich again I do hope you will stay with us in Holiday Inn Ipswich Road.

somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wife was taken into hospital recently and had to move out towards Norwich hospital to be near her. I would like to express my thanks to all the staff that I meet including the front desk staff and the resturant staff. The food was excellent and hot. There is only one small thing that could be improved and it is wifi. The cost of wifi is quite expensive could there be a scheme that if you spend so much on food and drink per night you mwould qualify for free internet or limited mega bites. Once again thankyou to all your staff at a time when my wife was in hospital.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank stevebirdSomerset
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear stevebirdsommerset,

Many thanks for your fantastic review!
I am thrilled you had such a great stay and have been so complimentary about the facilities and the restaurant food.

With regard to the wifi,we do offer complimentary wifi in all the public areas and all IHG members receive complimentary wifi in their rooms aswell.(Base,gold and platinum members)

I do hope that we can welcome you back very soon!

Best regards
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by a lovely receptionist who advised us that we had the use of pool and gym (unfortunately I didn't see these details on the description so didn't know it was available). The room and bathroom were immaculate. The only problem we had was that the "double bed" was two single beds connected, but other than this our stay wad perfect.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aisling K
Dear Aisking K

Many thanks for your fabulous review,
I am delighted you had an excellent stay
I have noted your comment re the zip & link bed and my Housekeeping Manager will address this.

I do hope that we can welcome you back very soon!

Best regards