“Great staff”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Northampton
“Great staff”
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Due to business committments I have to stay in hotels 5 days per week.I can honestly say this hotel is one of the best when in comes to staff .I always have room service as part of my down time and it is always delivered with genuine courtesy,even when I know the hotel is very busy.Recently I hurt my knee and was approached by Louise who asked me if I needed anything and proceeded to bring me ice to bring the swelling down.The following day again asked how I was and showed again a genuine want to help hows that for service!! Its fantastic to know they care.Breakfast is fast and efficient reading other comments about small trays this is because the food is always fresh something I always look for,as for the staff at breakfast brilliant a lady called Flora always greets me with a big smile and if she is dealing with something or someone always acknowledges me.The hotel is currently undergoing a refresh as it does need updating,however I would always prefer good service and value that the hotel really does care about its customers from the moment you walk in .

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Ops-manager-9, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
Thank you for your kind feed back concerning the hotel. It is truly a delight for me to read how good the team are in providing great service. Thank you for taking the time to feed back.

Kind Regards
Martin Spooner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
birmingham
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Stayed in this hotel for a night hoping good night rest, but been never disappointed as much due to reflection of the hotel. Service throughout was fantastic and praise how such understaffed could do their jobs. Had been for dinner which was not bad and breakfast tasted better except cheap orange juice taste. Hotel seemed very old and would blame to management for such poor management!

Rochdale, England
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Some hotels you drive up to and they look imposing or attractive. This is a 1960s monstrosity which closely resembles Cell Block H, and the bedroom tv is probably not much newer.
I detest greedy hotels which charge extortionate rates for wi-fi, and this is a prime example, charging a massive £15 for a nights use. This alone is a reason for me not to return, but if you add to it:
Pillows which are as hard as they come,
Cheap thin duvets on the bed,
Breakfast service involving tiny hot "platters" which last a minute and a half before they are empty and disinterested waitresses who ignore the need to replenish or tidy up the used tables,
Catering standard bacon and stewed fried eggs,
then you get a flavour of how this place runs.

1 Thank wroughtironron
Ops-manager-9, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 16 April 2010
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the hotel. We have this week completed our re branding programme that has seen many changes within the hotel. 119 new bed and mattress have been installed and all identified thin duvets have been changed (A total of 23). 476 new pillows have been delivered and installed, two firm two soft in each room. This along with our pillow menu continues to be a feature of staying with us that gives you the customer the choice of the perfect pillow for your stay. I am sorry that this was not pointed out to you. Now our new pillows have a wrap around them with this menu on it so you can easily choose a different pillow if you wish. Our internet contract with our third party suppliers is currently being renegotiated and your feedback is welcomed at this table. Our installation of new flat screen TV’s, all with the free view digital channels is due to be implemented this year. I’m sorry that the breakfast experience was not to your or my level of service standard and you can rest assured I will address this issue with the team. Once again thank you for taking the time to feed back regarding the hotel and please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
steady_10
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed for one night before our boating trip to Norfolf Broads. Classic Holiday Inn. Good Service, Good Size family room with all the usual HI trimmings. Younger kids eat free, and to evening meal was excellent and great value.

Would definately stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Derby, England
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel with friends for a couple of nights. The hotel was a typical Holiday Inn - quite comfortable and the staff were all really friendly and helpful. The pool area was very good with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.

The only fault we found was the exorbitant prices in the restaurant. We had to stay in for the first night as we were waiting for another couple - £13 each for fish and chips!!!! And not that spectacular. It wasn't a question of choosing something cheaper - there was nothing cheaper! Equally the prices in the bar are steep - a pint of bitter, a pint and a half of lager and a wine came to over £16. If you do want an evening meal there is a pub about a 5-10 minute walk away called The Marsh Harrier. We went there on the second night and the food is brilliant and half the price.

Having said that about the restaurant in the evening, the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Stayed just one night but was so very impressed with the staff and the hotel in general. It was conveniently located. Service was excellent. I left my scarf in the restaurant and called them when I got home to ask if it had been found. Immediately the member of staff located my scarf and posted it back to me to my home address with a couple of days. I would highly recommend this hotel, it really was fantastic value.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 21 March 2010

this was great stay good room and facilities and a great price but the main let down for us was the ridiculous prices of the the restaurant at night. We where meeting family there and where going to eat there but we didnt everyone else must have thought the same because the restaurant was empty such a waste and an inconvenience having to drive again after a four and half hour drive. The pool looked great and the gym facilities and we will go back being prepared not to eat there at night

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Ops-manager-9, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 1 April 2010
It’s great to see that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. I do take on board your comments in reference to the pricing of our menu. May I take this opportunity to say we also have a specials board with other excellent dishes at promotional prices that I hope you will be able to take advantage of on your next visit.