“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Accrington
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

Had a very good stay for four nights in April.The staff was very good and pleasant to help you in any way they could.The food was very good and Bar service good.The Hotel was very clean and rooms wer very good.The reception staff was very good all of them and my thanks to Nicole I will definetly go again.
Mr.H.Monk 23/04/2010

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Sudbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed 3 nights and couldn't fault the room, breakfasts or the leisure facilities - first rate. However we decided to eat in the restaurant on the first night because they were doing a carvery. Although the food was okay the only meat available was turkey which didn't give much choice, and the desserts were small. Finally they had the cheek to add a service charge for almost non-existant service! But they did offer to remove this when I checked out which I did.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and look forwad to staying again!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
norwich, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel, Ipswich Road Norwich over a weekend when my Son was getting married at the venue. The service was very good and very attentive. The rooms were clean and bright and had all that we needed. Breakfast was extremely good and had lots of choice. The hotel as a wedding venue was very good. Everything was done the way we wanted it and very efficiently. The food was served quickly and was hot which can sometimes be a problem. All the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to provide us with the best service (This was commented on by several of our guests). In particular I would mention Lucy who not only came into work early to set everything up for us but was with us throughout the day and did everything possible to make the day run smoothly for my son and his new wife. Well done to all concerned. I would however like to comment on the cost of drinks from the bar. I thought this was way over the top. I know business has to make a profit but do feel my family and guests were charged extremely high prices! Of course they were a captive audience and had no other option - something that needs thinking about if you want returning customers!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Ops-manager-9, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
Dear Guest

It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed your son wedding at our venue. I know that the team really do work hard to make weddings here so special and I am grateful for the feed back.
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

Due to business committments I have to stay in hotels 5 days per week.I can honestly say this hotel is one of the best when in comes to staff .I always have room service as part of my down time and it is always delivered with genuine courtesy,even when I know the hotel is very busy.Recently I hurt my knee and was approached by Louise who asked me if I needed anything and proceeded to bring me ice to bring the swelling down.The following day again asked how I was and showed again a genuine want to help hows that for service!! Its fantastic to know they care.Breakfast is fast and efficient reading other comments about small trays this is because the food is always fresh something I always look for,as for the staff at breakfast brilliant a lady called Flora always greets me with a big smile and if she is dealing with something or someone always acknowledges me.The hotel is currently undergoing a refresh as it does need updating,however I would always prefer good service and value that the hotel really does care about its customers from the moment you walk in .

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind feed back concerning the hotel. It is truly a delight for me to read how good the team are in providing great service. Thank you for taking the time to feed back.

Kind Regards
Martin Spooner
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

Stayed in this hotel for a night hoping good night rest, but been never disappointed as much due to reflection of the hotel. Service throughout was fantastic and praise how such understaffed could do their jobs. Had been for dinner which was not bad and breakfast tasted better except cheap orange juice taste. Hotel seemed very old and would blame to management for such poor management!

Rochdale, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

Some hotels you drive up to and they look imposing or attractive. This is a 1960s monstrosity which closely resembles Cell Block H, and the bedroom tv is probably not much newer.
I detest greedy hotels which charge extortionate rates for wi-fi, and this is a prime example, charging a massive £15 for a nights use. This alone is a reason for me not to return, but if you add to it:
Pillows which are as hard as they come,
Cheap thin duvets on the bed,
Breakfast service involving tiny hot "platters" which last a minute and a half before they are empty and disinterested waitresses who ignore the need to replenish or tidy up the used tables,
Catering standard bacon and stewed fried eggs,
then you get a flavour of how this place runs.

1 Thank wroughtironron
Ops-manager-9, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 16 April 2010
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the hotel. We have this week completed our re branding programme that has seen many changes within the hotel. 119 new bed and mattress have been installed and all identified thin duvets have been changed (A total of 23). 476 new pillows have been delivered and installed, two firm two soft in each room. This along with our pillow menu continues to be a feature of staying with us that gives you the customer the choice of the perfect pillow for your stay. I am sorry that this was not pointed out to you. Now our new pillows have a wrap around them with this menu on it so you can easily choose a different pillow if you wish. Our internet contract with our third party suppliers is currently being renegotiated and your feedback is welcomed at this table. Our installation of new flat screen TV’s, all with the free view digital channels is due to be implemented this year. I’m sorry that the breakfast experience was not to your or my level of service standard and you can rest assured I will address this issue with the team. Once again thank you for taking the time to feed back regarding the hotel and please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

steady_10
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed for one night before our boating trip to Norfolf Broads. Classic Holiday Inn. Good Service, Good Size family room with all the usual HI trimmings. Younger kids eat free, and to evening meal was excellent and great value.

Would definately stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family