“Holiday Inn Norwich - Ipswich Road”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Stayed at the Hotel in April, had a huge family room on the ground floor.
Staff as always were so helpfull, nothing is too small for them.
Room was very clean. Kids loved the pool.
Only bug bear is that the drinks in the bar are very expensive, we always have breakfast in the hotel which is great, but did eat in the hotel one of the nights and the food wasnt upto its normal standard as we have had on previous occassions.
Kids eat free at the hotel which is a great saving.
The hotel is on a bus route to into the city.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank helenn
Ops-manager-9, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2010

Dear Guest

I am sorry that the food on this occasion was not up to our normal standards. If you contact me directly at the hotel I will ensure that your next visit is as perfect as you should expect. Thanks for the great feed back regarding the staff, we really do appreciate it.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Norwich

Reviewed 3 May 2010

My husband and I stayed for one night on a dinner bed and breakfast rate of £90. On arival we were cheked in quickly and efficiently by a very bubbly and polite girl named Lucie. This same Lucie was also on duty in the restaurant and again gave us good friendly service. We was suprised to see her again at breakfast still with a smile for everyone although she had been on till late the night before. W used the swimming pool and sauna which again the male member of staff was polite and friendly. Our one crititician was the room especially the bathroom. It badly needs updating. We have been coming to this same hotel for many years but have not seen much improvements with rooms. Overall it was good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I agree that Lucie is one of our star performers and I am so glad she continues to deliver great service to you our guests. I find it hard to keep up and reward her with all the good work she does! I take on board your comments regarding the hotel bedrooms, but I would like to say that our rolling room upgrade plan has seen 100 rooms freshen or developed in some way. Once again thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

Kind Regards
Martin Spooner

Reviewed 29 April 2010

I had an excellent stay,the staff were very friendly,the rooms always clean and the food very good,the bar lady Maria is very polite and cheerful.I look forward to staying here again.

Reviewed 24 April 2010

Had a very good stay for four nights in April.The staff was very good and pleasant to help you in any way they could.The food was very good and Bar service good.The Hotel was very clean and rooms wer very good.The reception staff was very good all of them and my thanks to Nicole I will definetly go again.
Mr.H.Monk 23/04/2010

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed 3 nights and couldn't fault the room, breakfasts or the leisure facilities - first rate. However we decided to eat in the restaurant on the first night because they were doing a carvery. Although the food was okay the only meat available was turkey which didn't give much choice, and the desserts were small. Finally they had the cheek to add a service charge for almost non-existant service! But they did offer to remove this when I checked out which I did.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and look forwad to staying again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel, Ipswich Road Norwich over a weekend when my Son was getting married at the venue. The service was very good and very attentive. The rooms were clean and bright and had all that we needed. Breakfast was extremely good and had lots of choice. The hotel as a wedding venue was very good. Everything was done the way we wanted it and very efficiently. The food was served quickly and was hot which can sometimes be a problem. All the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to provide us with the best service (This was commented on by several of our guests). In particular I would mention Lucy who not only came into work early to set everything up for us but was with us throughout the day and did everything possible to make the day run smoothly for my son and his new wife. Well done to all concerned. I would however like to comment on the cost of drinks from the bar. I thought this was way over the top. I know business has to make a profit but do feel my family and guests were charged extremely high prices! Of course they were a captive audience and had no other option - something that needs thinking about if you want returning customers!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest

It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed your son wedding at our venue. I know that the team really do work hard to make weddings here so special and I am grateful for the feed back.

Reviewed 18 April 2010

Due to business committments I have to stay in hotels 5 days per week.I can honestly say this hotel is one of the best when in comes to staff .I always have room service as part of my down time and it is always delivered with genuine courtesy,even when I know the hotel is very busy.Recently I hurt my knee and was approached by Louise who asked me if I needed anything and proceeded to bring me ice to bring the swelling down.The following day again asked how I was and showed again a genuine want to help hows that for service!! Its fantastic to know they care.Breakfast is fast and efficient reading other comments about small trays this is because the food is always fresh something I always look for,as for the staff at breakfast brilliant a lady called Flora always greets me with a big smile and if she is dealing with something or someone always acknowledges me.The hotel is currently undergoing a refresh as it does need updating,however I would always prefer good service and value that the hotel really does care about its customers from the moment you walk in .

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind feed back concerning the hotel. It is truly a delight for me to read how good the team are in providing great service. Thank you for taking the time to feed back.

Kind Regards