“Fantastic Food & Atmosphere”
Review of Thailand

Thailand
Ranked #128 of 842 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tel. 01603 700444
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Although we have passed this restaurant many times last night was our first visit.

The restaurant operates a 2 sitting service on a Saturday, 6.15pm and 9.15pm, we opted for the 9.15pm.

Arriving just after 9pm we were seated within 5 minutes without the guests from the earlier sitting being rushed away.

The restaurant itself is very well appointed, good size tables and very comfortable cushioned chairs, plenty of carving in traditional sandle wood adorn the wall and ceiling. Very tastefully decorated and authentic too.

We opted for the set meal for 4 (menu D) as we could not decide individually what to have.

I have to say that having travelled extensively to Thailand on business and eaten at some of the top restaurants there the food here matches up to the best I have ever had.

All of the requests that we made were adhered to, we asked for no mushrooms as I am allergic to them and low and behold there was not a mushroom in site in any of the numerous delicious dishes that came out.

I can recommend this restaurant with no hesitation, well done.

1  Thank Matt G
There are newer reviews for Thailand

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Been to this place previously and it was brilliant however on this occasion my partner and I where let down.
I had booked a visit for our anniverary 2 wks in advance to ensure we got a table ( as I know how popular and busy this little place gets)
Upon arrival 10 mins early we gave our name at the desk to be told there was no reservation under that name, I was puzzled and slightly annoyed to put it mildly only to be asked by the owner if I was sure it was this restaurant I had booked with?!
Now its one this for a restaurant to make a mistake but its quite another to try and blame the customer - I obviously had booked with them and was very sure of that.
They had no tables left as all where reserved ( as should have mine been) but lucky for us some people where leaving and they quickly made up the table - although we where told that it was booked again so we may have to be moved?!
I was not happy and my unhappiness only grew when my food arrived and was intantly cooled by the A/C unit directly above the table...
We ate quickly as I just wanted to leave. It was a real bum note to what should have been a lovely evening with my man.

1  Thank simpfield
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My wife and I take a weekend break to Norwich every November on a Christmas shopping trip. We have visited this restaurant for about the last 10 years rather than eat in our hotel.

It has never failed to hit the mark, the food is wonderful, the service is perfect, the surroundings spotless and every other aspect is second to none.

I just wish it wasn't 60 miles from home!!

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Consistently high quality Thai restaurant that deserves much praise! Wonderful Thai dishes served by Thai waitresses in national dress. I have never had bad food there and recommend it to anybody wanting to try a taste of Thai!

Reviewed 8 September 2011

We shared king prawn curry and gang pa neau (a beef curry village style) with perfumed steamed rice. The food was prepared to perfection. The service was superb. The decor of the restaurant is based on the Thai theme and is very good. The prawn curry had 10 king prawns for a cost of mere £13.95. I thought that was very generous. There was a set of good quality cuttlery and large linen napkins. I would definitely go there again.

1  Thank IndianOxfordshire