“Wonderful Vegetarian Meal”
Review of River Green Cafe

River Green Cafe
Ranked #50 of 870 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vegan and vegetarian food made in house in the picturesque village of Trowse, just outside Norwich city centre, and within walking distance of Whitlingham Broad and park. Fresh, seasonal menu with an emphasis on local products and producers. Fully licenced with an extensive list of vegan and organic wines. Suitable for groups and families, we also welcome well behaved dogs!
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My first visit to this Restaurant with 7 friends. I am not a vegetarian but I enjoyed our night out here as much as any of the restaurants I normally visit. Great atmosphere, very friendly, smart staff. Great choice of food and drinks. Not expensive and well worth it. You got a very good amount of food and could then have a good choice of coffee's. I had a Rum liqueur coffee to finish off and it was one of the best I have had.
Our party will definitely go again. A superb night.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a really dreadful week at work, I surprised my partner by booking a table here for Friday evening. Since we live over sixty miles away, it was quite a surprise, but well worth the drive. In a lovely village setting, the restaurant (it's so much more than a cafe) overlooks a children's playing field on one side and a pub on the other. The decor is light and airy, with tables well-spaced. They have a 'snug' with a large circular table which seats about nine...well worth booking for a special celebration. They also have an area to book for larger celebrations and our waiter was happy to talk us through the services they offer. This space opens onto a decked area with two more large tables overlooking the playing field...a great space for a 21st or anniversary party.
We were seated at the window and watched the world go by as the sun dipped. Our waiter, Dan, was attentive but never intrusive, avoiding all that insincere 'how is everything for you tonight' and replacing it with 'is there anything else I can get you?' - much better. The food: manna from Heaven. Starters: falafel salad for him, baked Camembert for me. One word: perfect! Large portions, fantastic flavours, fresh ingredients. Main course: African stew (his fave from The Red Lion veggie pub in Great Bricett) and Halloumi salad for me. Beautifully presented, a treat for the eyes as well as the tastebuds. Fabulous food; we cleared our plates and even had dessert...well, it HAD been an awful week for both of us! Raspberry Frangipane tart for him, dark choc and blueberry torte for me, both with accompanying ice cream from local supplier Ronaldos. My advice? Definitely leave room for dessert! We weren't hurried and were left alone to enjoy our meal, yet Dan seemed to magically know when we wanted more drinks - perfect service. We were very pleasantly surprised when the bill came - much cheaper than we had expected. We will definitely be returning - sixty miles is no distance to receive service and food like this. We returned home relaxed, calm and ready to face our next week at work. Good stuff!

1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

In a lovely little village setting the River Green Cafe is a sheer delight. With a great selection on the menu and specials that were always a treat. Living in Norwich for a short time, we often found ourselves making stops here. Great value, great food.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My newly-turned vegan daughter and I visited the restaurant on a Friday evening. We had not booked and although it was busy, we were able to get a table straightaway. A great choice of foods for both starters and main courses left us dithering as to what to have. Everything which came from the kitchen looked so good. We were thrilled with our choices, the food was delicious and the portions very generous, so much so that we could not fit in a dessert. A great shame as they too looked superb.
Prices were very good too so I would definitely recommend anyone, veggie or not, to go, its well worth a visit.

1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Best vegetarian gluten free restaurant ever!!! That is all...................................................................................................