“Veggie vegan”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Veggie vegan”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Excellent food cooked with real class. Very good choice and specials good as well. Best veggie vegan I have had outside London. Only downside was that table and immediate surrounding could have been cleaner - I think there had been a badly cleared up spill. Otherwise five stars all round. Will definitely return to work through the menu

• Visited August 2014

Reading, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably good”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice whilst on holiday. Really good food. Best chips had for ages, African stew impressive with deep rich sauce and mushroom pastry dishes wholesome and tasty. Service great, friendly and good value too. Ps...I'm not vegetarian.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Don't pass up this one !”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a fully fledged, five star, all singing, all dancing carnivore and very happy to report that although I would be dragged here kicking and screaming, I thoroughly enjoyed my meat free feast. Menu was limited for main course but very nice, sweet to die for and some decent white to chase it all down, I will be dining here again.......nice atmosphere and very friendly, efficient service. I did read the reviews about sticky tables and yes they are but they have just used the wrong varnish and no lack of elbow grease. Pricing was very reasonable. I shall look forward to eating here at the River Green Cafe again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gary P
“Brilliant !!! ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Came here after being recommended by my sister.. I personally am vegetarian but my girlfriend isn't ... However we were both very very happy with the service and food!! There aren't many vege and vegan restaurants around but this one is awesome!! We are definitely coming back because the food was delicious and also we couldn't decide on what to have so had to come back to order the alternative that we couldn't eat on the day :-)

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thay had 'run out' of vegan Wellington , ovbiously not made to order then . I had the vegetarian Weliington which was nice , nothing special though sort of food that you could really make yourself , i certainly wouldnt call it fine dining . As they had run out of Vegan Wellington the options where limited for my Vegan friend , he ended up having the thai curry which was agian pretty standard . Served with a popadom strangley . Thai curry is a pretty standard meal for a vegan and for the money i can go to the local thai restaurant and get better . Slightly disappointing we did travel to visit this restaurant , probably wouldnt visit again Desserts where nights and good veriety or organic and vegetarian beerrs and wines .

• Visited July 2014